Search results

1. Scott

Spark Arrestors?

With the wild fire at Centennial Lake should the BMA and OFTR add spark arrestors to the riding requirements As it has with the sound requirement of 94db? Please comment
  2. Scott

For Sale 2019 KTM 690 Enduro R

Asking $9,700.00 6784km Upgrades include new Pirelli tires, Handguards, and Oxford heated grips. Bike features engine with balancing shafts, Traction control, ABS, Slipper clutch, and Quick shifter.
  3. Scott

FOUND at Limerick Forest

There were 2 items left in the gravel pit Saturday Sept 16. Contact me if it's yours Scott
  4. Scott

Trials Tire

I was thinking of using a trials tire for Calabogie. Are they much better in the rocks? What about mud?
  5. Scott

Rx Goggles

Do your prescription glass always fall off when removing your goggles, or fog up on rainy days. I started wearing http://www.rxgoggles.com/ inserts a number of years ago. They can be transferred between goggles (I have 1 set of goggles with the foam removed for greater ventilation on wet...
  6. Scott

Installing New Piston - Tip 2

Installing the piston (wrist) pin clip is a pain in the a**. You can try to do it by hand, if you have strong fingers, but it’s easy to scratch the side of the piston. You can use pliers, but risk over stressing the clip. Both these methods can cause the clip to fly across the shop never to be...
  7. Scott

Installing New Piston - Tip 1

Ok, so you want to install a new piston in your 2-smoker, but the old piston pin won't come out Home made piston pin puller If the old pin will not come out, a simple home-made pin puller will get the job done. You will need a long bolt, washer , nut and socket. Grind the head of the bolt so...
  8. Scott

Black Bear Sighting - Calabogie

I was ridding near the Eagles Nest at the BMA North Side Orientation when I came upon a large black bear running down the trail in front of me. Thinking that it might not be a good ideal to catch up with him, I stopped and watched as it turn into the woods. It looked big, definitely bigger than...
  9. Scott

When is Limerick opening??

Please be aware that all trails and access roads in Limerick Forest will be open as of Saturday May 17, 2014. Thank you for your patience in observing the trail closure this past month. Enjoy the trails and stay safe. Thank you
  10. Scott

LIMERICK FOREST IS OPEN

Please be aware that all trails and access roads in Limerick Forest will be open as of Saturday May 17, 2014. Thank you for your patience in observing the trail closure this past month. Enjoy the trails and stay safe. Thank you
  11. Scott

NEW TRAIL at Limerick

With permission from the Limerick Forest Manager we have added a new single track between 2210 and 2212 that joins two sections that were currently only connect by a forest access road.The trail is marked with yellow ribbon. We had time to work on trail maintenance. But the trails require more...
  12. Scott

Volunteers Needed - Limerick Cleanup CANCELED

Due to a productive day Saturday, the Sunday Limerick cleanup is CANCELED. Cleanup days at Limerick Forest will be May 10 &11. After this past harsh winter, we are all looking forward to getting back on the bikes. The trails are a lot more fun without the face slappers (ouch!) or detouring...
  13. Scott

Cool new KTM tool kit

I found this new light weight toolkit from BKE Racing. Its not in production yet, but you can pre-order. Idid Check out the video: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/976426233/revolver-multi-tool
  14. Scott

Limerick Cleanup?

There are a number of trees down across trails, and one large hanging tree. I'd like to help with a cleanup. Anyone?
  15. Scott

Limerick ATV Idiots!

Stopped by Limerick on my way back from Ogdensburg. Knowing that the forest is closed, I wanted to see if anyone was ridding. I'm happy to say there were no bikes, but a bunch of Atv's. I spoke to two of them about the closure. They couldn't say that they didn't know, as there are red "Forest...
  16. Scott

Enduro Tours

Has anyone been on an enduro tour in the US,Mexico or Europe? Is anyone interested in going on a tour?
  17. Scott

LOST! Helmet Camera Limerick Forest

Sigh! I lost that new helmet cam the 2nd time out on May 18. Seems every time I get some new electronics (GPS or camera) I break it or loose it. I lost it somewhere around area 2. If anyone happens on it, please contact me at swilson692@gmail.com Thanks. :roll:
  18. Scott

Check out my new Helmit cam video

I took a ride at Limerick with a new video cam. I made the mistake of mounting it on top of my helmet - it got snagged on a branch and ripped me of the bike. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opGU1VFDyig Its a Hero Gopro camera. Works well, but I a going to mount it to the side of my helmet or...
  19. Scott

I'm looking to try a hare scramble!!

I am interested in trying a hare scramble. Any ideal on where I might find some?
  20. Scott

Quiet muffler advice??

I would like to change the exaust on my 2006 Honda CRF250x. I have looked at the FMF & Yoshimura. The manufactures claim sound 96db. Will these muflers meet sound requirements? Is 96db the maximum allowed? Thanks for any feedback!