Quiet muffler advice??

Scott

I would like to change the exaust on my 2006 Honda CRF250x. I have looked at the FMF & Yoshimura. The manufactures claim sound 96db. Will these muflers meet sound requirements? Is 96db the maximum allowed?

Thanks for any feedback!

ktmkevin

Great to see that you are taking the sound issue seriously. The actual sound limit for the Ontario Trail Ride Series is 94 db. I know that Yosh makes nice stuff but I have neither seen many of their silencers or read much in the magazines regarding their sound levels. I have, however, read some very positive articles about the FMF Q4 series and I know from experience that FMF gear tends to be well built. I would be confident that the correct Q4 for your bike should get you safely under the limit. You might also want to check out Pro Circuit as they make a line of "quiet" silencers. Another option might be to keep your eyes opened for a 250X silencer; I'm not a Honda guy though so you should ask a dealer if the X silencer will fit a R. Anyone out there that can share their experiences on this issue?

ktmkevin

Oops, my bad. Your 250X already easily meets sound requirements by a very comfortable margin; thought you were talking about the R model. I would advise sticking with the stock silencer for trail riding. If, however, you are determined to replace it then I would stand by my previous post and go with the FMF Q4.

Ronzo

Scott - on the 250X you are far better off leaving the exhaust stock, and opening up the inlet (air box mods and rejet)