Recent content by scotiadallas

1. scotiadallas

Skills Training - The Solution, or the Problem?

It's conclusive. Stop attending skills training. :p
  2. scotiadallas

GrizzBait 2016 - RIDE B.C.

Hi All, We are doing GrizzBait ride this year, we have a critcal mass of riders already booked to attend. Generally, it's Alaska border to Vancouver in 8 days, hitting as little pavement as possible on the way down. We did this in 2014 and it was, by far, our most EPIC adventure yet. Check...
  3. scotiadallas

Traction eRag

Latest issue is out: http://www.tractionerag.ca/april2015/index.html
  4. scotiadallas

Traction eRag BC Trip - last minute spot open?

Hi All, A rider may be canceling with short notice on our BC trip. If that's the case, we'll have one slot open on the trailer. Terrace BC to North VanCity in 7 days - 90% off-road. This is DEFINITELY a dualsport ride NOT an off-road ride. 300-400kms per day, remote areas, vistas, cool...
  5. scotiadallas

2006 TTR 125 LE - $1750 FIRM

For Sale: 2006 Yamaha TTR125 LE. Ridiculously low hours; still on the original tires and they're in great shape due to 2 novice female owners. Tall Renthal bars with Acerbis wrap around hand guards, tall Guts seat, BBR frame cradle, chain guide and springs. Jetted properly (way too lean stock)...
  6. scotiadallas

December Traction eRag

This issue is out. If you are a subscriber, search your email for: subscribe@tractionerag.ca, I bet it's in there. If you are not a subscriber, you can click here and you will be emailed the latest issue. Enjoy - we had a lot of fun with this one - as evidenced in the Tall vs. Small article.
  7. scotiadallas

Traction eRag Latest Issue

Hi All, The Traction eRag is back. I used to distribute the issues here but haven't been around in a while. If interested, here are the past issues: http://issuu.com/scotiadallas/docs Long story short, I broke my leg badly in a bike crash 18 months ago and then I thought I was leaving...
  8. scotiadallas

Nevada Dirt Bike Trip - April 2013

Hello Everyone, I am helping to co-ordinate an off-road riding trip to Nevada during the first week of April. We are doing this on the cheap. No fancy rooms, no fancy food. This trip is all about the riding. Our group riding level is from low-intermediate to advanced and almost anyone...
  9. scotiadallas

SOLD: KTM 450 EXC - BLUE PLATED

After many years with this bike, I'm forced to sell. I would not be selling but I am leaving the area and I can't take it with me. This bike was well used for it's intended purpose but has never been raced - a trail ride machine only. There are cosmetic dings and scratches but the plastics...
  10. scotiadallas

This Saturday ride - Calabogie?

It's my first real ride of the year, I'm wondering if anyone wants to do a day in Calabogie (or anything else interesting). D
  11. scotiadallas

BMA Members Star in Video

If you haven't seen this yet, check it out. BMA Members Larry Murray and Paul Rodden star in "50 Years of Kicks" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
  12. scotiadallas

SCORRA Women's Training Day

Hi All, For the last two year's, my wife and I attended the SCORRA Women's day. It was a great event held just outside of Barrie, ON. It's an all-female training day with female instructors and all female participants. Learning to ride a dirt bike can be intimidating for anyone - let...
  13. scotiadallas

November Traction Off-Road eRag

Well, here's the latest eRag - 88 pages of free fun. •The Corduroy Enduro Aftermath Issue • Stories from 6 riders who tried - some made it, some failed. • Chris Martin's Unlikely Cord Wins • Is riding really worth the risks? Philosophical musings by Dr. Dan and Flanny • Ron Golden gets chased...
  14. scotiadallas

Registration volunteers needed.

I need two volunteers to help me at the registration table on Friday from 4 or 5pm until 11pm and than again on Saturday morning from 8am until 9am. It's mostly meet and greet, a bit of paperwork. This year I really want to make the registration line flow well and get the riders on their way...
  15. scotiadallas

August 17th - North Side Trail Clearing.

Hi All, August 17th at 9:30am at the North Pit. Tom, Jeff A and Jeff P will be working on the final trail clearing for the North side. If you can get away for a mid-week ride they would love an extra set of hands. Also, you will get to know the North side trail system. Try to bring...