SCORRA Women's Training Day

Hi All,

For the last two year's, my wife and I attended the SCORRA Women's day. It was a great event held just outside of Barrie, ON.

It's an all-female training day with female instructors and all female participants. Learning to ride a dirt bike can be intimidating for anyone - let alone a women who is forced to learn with other males or, even worst, their family member teaching them.

ALL ages and all levels of riders were represented there. There were ladies who have never been on a bike all the way up to expert level riders (most of these were the instructors). There were 12 year old girls and there were 62 year old women. It's really a great event for everyone.

No men are allowed to participate or attend. This works out great because the men can bring their own bikes and the SCORRA guys give us a grand tour of their riding area - the men had just as good a day as the women.

If you have a wife or daughter that is interested in improving their off-road experience, this is a great way where they can have fun and not feel pressured by the boys. It's a great way to introduce women to the sport.

Below is the information about the Women's Training Day that I received. Please pass this thread onto anyone you think would be interested. We are probably going to attend again this year and would consider bringing some Eastern Ontario people with us in our truck/trailer.

A few interesting stories that were in the eRag about the event are in this issue:

http://issuu.com/scotiadallas/docs/erag ... doublePage

Email Jen at the email below if interested.

Hello Ladies,

I know the snow is still falling (Some what) but we are working away at organizing another great ladies training day. Mark it in your calenders training is being held on Saturday June 2, 2012, it will be in the Angus area.

Are you interested in attending the ladies training on this date? If you could please let us know what level you believe you would be in Beginner, intermediate or Advance. Also we would love to have some input on some specific training you would like have. Our trainers will ensure you are riding in the appropriate group if you are unsure.

Requirements are you must be 14 years or older, have a bike to ride and basic use of the clutch and gears.

The cost is $40 for SCORRA members and $50 for non members. This includes a full day of training, lunch and beverages.
Also the gentlemen are invited to come for an off site ride, we have some guys that are knowledgeable of the area to take them riding. They are also invited to lunch for a low cost.

Let me know if you are interested and I will continue to update you on the day. Also details will be available on the SCORRA website under the scorrettes heading :0).

I have attached a picture of last years group, you can also check out last years training day slideshow, the ladies were having a great time!

http://www.tarafrost.com/galleries/slid ... e2011.html

Hope to hear from you :)

Thanks
Jen

jen AT tattz4toyz.com

Attachments

• SCORRA_LadiesTrainingDay_2011_sm.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 2,480