Recent content by EmmBeeDee

1. EmmBeeDee

DS Ride July 19, 2015

I have no plans in particular; just wondering if anyone wants to do a DS ride on that day? Riding a heavy DR650, so the ride would be appropriate for that. Open to suggestions.
  2. EmmBeeDee

Present For You? Virus Alert?

Anyone else get this recently? Dallas Shannon to me I hope u like it (SCAM)://rgislason.com/info.html This really works! I modified the address above, but odds are, if you go to the link in the email, you'll end up infected, or worse. Mike
  3. EmmBeeDee

Garmin BaseCamp Motorcycle Mode Suggestions Requested

Garmin is seeking feedback from motorcyclists on what you'd want in a Motorcycle Mode in Basecamp. On the following forum, you can give the developers your wish list, a maximum of two suggestions per post. https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=14462 The question was asked in their Mac...
  4. EmmBeeDee

Costco.ca Sale on Garmin 60CSx

Wasn't sure where to put this - I'm not selling it - just found a good price: $219 at Costco.Ca The 60 is probably being cleared out since it's being replaced by the new 62, but some people still want them. Worth noting that most of the bigger stores which sell the unit will match the Costco...
  5. EmmBeeDee

Leatt Adventure Brace

We bought the Leatt about 6 weeks ago for our son but he's so tall that when he's on his bike, a G450X, He needs to bend forward to reach the bars and when he does so, the Leatt and his helmet touch so we're going to need to find him a different neck protector. It's the Adventure model, and...
  6. EmmBeeDee

2010 OFTR Trail Stickers are Very Very Temporary

A couple of spray washings will tear them off your bike very easily. We have (had) two on our bikes and both have come off already... Mike
  7. EmmBeeDee

Turn Signals - Essential On the Street?

Does anyone know if it's essential that a (dual-sport) motorcycle have turn signals on the street? Mike
  8. EmmBeeDee

What's The Best Place to Get a Spray Washer?

Anyone know where, and which one to buy? It's just to get the mud off the bikes. Mike
  9. EmmBeeDee

Munford's Restaurant Rising From The Ashes

By now most will have heard that Munford's in Calabogie had a fire recently... I'm sure many of you will be happy about this... Stephanie and I went out for a nice long ride today (440 kilometers on March 17 is awesome!) and on the way back we stopped in at Munford's to see if anything was...
  10. EmmBeeDee

Ok, Who Scoffed?

At the meeting at the Cock and Bull the other day some people sounded incredulous when I said we'd be out riding before long... Sure enough, we did about 190 kilometers today, mostly around Westport. Wore our Leatt Adventure braces for the first time today and they worked well - comfortable and...
  11. EmmBeeDee

60 KPH MC Club

These people are inspiring: Motorcycle Travel Club of India http://www.60kph.com/index.htm We've bought a couple of their dvds, from http://www.dirttrackproductions.com/index.html including "Riding Solo To The Top Of The World" and "One Crazy Ride". Amazing what you can do with a Royal...
  12. EmmBeeDee

SpeedBrain, Anyone?

Does anyone know who sells SpeedBrain stuff in Canada/Ottawa? TIA Mike
  13. EmmBeeDee

GPS Conversion Software

I found this software in a thread on the ADVRider site - if you're in the habit of pre-riding a trail to create a route for others to follow, you can use the program to convert your track into a proper route, so others can load that properly to their gps. (When I tried to download a saved track...