Garmin BaseCamp Motorcycle Mode Suggestions Requested

EmmBeeDee

Garmin is seeking feedback from motorcyclists on what you'd want in a Motorcycle Mode in Basecamp. On the following forum, you can give the developers your wish list, a maximum of two suggestions per post.

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=14462

The question was asked in their Mac forum, but I bet any suggestions from Windows version users would be welcome as well.

I'm going to give this some thought, for sure.

fmcd

Interesting find!
MBD, do you use a mac to upload to your Garmin? If so, do you find Basecamp somewhat less than easy or intuitive to use? I find it seems always to be translating behind the command processing and acts stiffly or something less than smooth. The menues are ambiguous and the user interface is aloof and distant but there's no one else in Mactown to go out with.

I use it but wish it was just a bit more user-friendly and visible.

I'd like to send my two comments but as a non-computer punkinhead I'd like to sort out what may simply be my own buffoonery.

Thank you,

FM

EmmBeeDee

fmcd":5w7uw1uz said:
Interesting find!
MBD, do you use a mac to upload to your Garmin? If so, do you find Basecamp somewhat less than easy or intuitive to use? I find it seems always to be translating behind the command processing and acts stiffly or something less than smooth. The menues are ambiguous and the user interface is aloof and distant but there's no one else in Mactown to go out with.

I use it but wish it was just a bit more user-friendly and visible.

I'd like to send my two comments but as a non-computer punkinhead I'd like to sort out what may simply be my own buffoonery.

Thank you,

FM

Hi Fran;

Yes, I do use a Mac to upload to the Garmins. I find BaseCamp is quite powerful if you have a decent machine to run it with but there are things you can do to make it run faster, like turning down the detail and running 2d views only. Yes, it could be more user friendly, but I like having the ability to convert tracks to routes for those gps and seeing the geolocated photos through BC or Google Earth.

Hey, if you can shim Desmo heads, surely you can figure out BaseCamp :)

Mike

fmcd

Point taken Mr. Mike,

So, I had a bit of a read up on the Basecamp methodology and agree there's a lot in it for building useful offroad route mapery. Let's hook up for a moto when the snowmobiles are parked and have a go at Garmin map displays pertaining to a pre-defined bit of Calabogie blackfly country or even here on the old farm. Maybe by then I'll have a better handle on the upload/download trail markers.

Best wishes to you guys all through 2011,

Fran