What's The Best Place to Get a Spray Washer?

KevinV

Crappy Tire regularly has sales, you should be able to find a decent one there for a good price.
I have a Simoniz 1900PSI Electric washer that has worked fine for me so far... though other reviews are less flattering.

Keep an eye out for the fliers. :mrgreen:

EmmBeeDee

KevinV":32qp65mn said:
Crappy Tire regularly has sales, you should be able to find a decent one there for a good price.
I have a Simoniz 1900PSI Electric washer that has worked fine for me so far... though other reviews are less flattering.

Keep an eye out for the fliers. :mrgreen:

Thanks for that - I'm hoping to get one which might last - can you buy parts for the CTC ones if necessary?

KevinV

EmmBeeDee":2ouhvz6c said:
Thanks for that - I'm hoping to get one which might last - can you buy parts for the CTC ones if necessary?

Good question. I don't think so... at least not from CTC. Most likely you'd have to go back through the manufacturer for pieces. :?
I only picked mine up late last summer. I haven't needed any parts... yet. :shock:

EmmBeeDee

jackert":38ack1eh said:
Hey Mike,

I got one from Costco, highest pressure around and they delivered to the door.

Jeff

Great - you don't mind if we store it here, do you? :mrgreen:

We bought one from CTC yesterday - it was 40% off, so the price was right.

Mike

DevlinPM

EmmBeeDee":9vsnayzw said:
jackert":9vsnayzw said:
Hey Mike,

Jeff

We bought one from CTC yesterday - it was 40% off, so the price was right.

Mike

Just joined the forum. First post. Hi All!

Probably the same one I just bought at CT last week. It's a 2500psi gas model with Briggs&Straton motor. $550 down to $350. Worked well yesterday on my son's new-to-him Yamaha PW50. Even took the thick grease off the motor & 2-stroke oil tank. Bike looks almost new again. I look forward to using it today on my 25 year old Honda XL600R. I hope the old girl holds together under fire from all that pressure :-0

PS, located in Barrhaven and available most Saturday and/or Sundays for early morning departures for DS rides around Calabogie, Lanark, Limerick forest, etc Cell number is 613-286-0874 Cheers, Paul Devlin

Terry

Staff member
Hi Devlin,
Don't aim it at the wheel bearings or any rubber seal the pressure will push water into the bearings. I have used my pressure washer on the chain but I'm careful to shoot only at the sides of the links so I never aim directly at the o-rings. I hope this theory is right or I'll be replacing my chain sooner than planned :oops:

For Dual Sport rides, casual and organized, head on over to the Dual sport forum and introduce your self. A few of us are headed out tomorrow and you are most welcome to join us.
Cheers,

DevlinPM

Terry":zo1xom9n said:
Hi Devlin,
Don't aim it at the wheel bearings or any rubber seal the pressure will push water into the bearings. I have used my pressure washer on the chain but I'm careful to shoot only at the sides of the links so I never aim directly at the o-rings. I hope this theory is right or I'll be replacing my chain sooner than planned :oops:

For Dual Sport rides, casual and organized, head on over to the Dual sport forum and introduce your self. A few of us are headed out tomorrow and you are most welcome to join us.
Cheers,

Thanks for the tip.

Will do. I just added myself to the BMA Dual Sport Ride Contact List with a PM to PeteZ.

Wish I could have gotten out today. Will be putting some new tires on the bike tomorrow. Will be re-insured and ready to ride (join rides) next weekend.

Paul