Search results

1. V

Valve Service Options

I am looking for recommendations on any valve replacement service. My valves are stock and it is time to have them replaced. I would like to have new SS kibble White valves installed and the head ported and polished. I am in the process of doing a complete engine rebuild. I know the bottom end...
  2. V

Kickstarter Rattle Issue

07 Honda CRF250X Kick starting the bike to life last week and the kick starter suddenly felt wrong. Started the bike with the electric start. Kick starter was rattling obnoxiously. Drained fluids and opened it up. The return spring was out of its tensioning hole. Needed a new gasket so I...
  3. V

Ya Snooze / Ya Lose

The last day of fall riding was great today at Limerick. Around 10 degrees C and perfect conditions. There were about 10 riders out in the area. A great day to finish the season. Now to stud up and try some winter riding.
  4. V

Mid week ride /Limerick

I am planning to take Thursday off, weather dependant and ride. Long range says sunny & a high of 8. I would like to go to Limerick as I have not ridden there this season yet. But could be swayed to Calabogie N or S. Anyone else willing and able.? Paul Battle
  5. V

Wed May 27th / Calabogie North

Wed ride / May 27th / 9am / The pit Tom H & Paul B will be GPS tracking a short 600 meter section of potential new trail. This is to submit a proposal to the MNR. Will ride some trails after that. I would like to do Woodys, The Transect and Garnseys.
  6. V

Calabogie North / Work & Ride / Wed Sept 3rd

North side boogie prep day. Work Ride Wednesday September the 3rd, 9am at the pit. Bring snips, folding saw, tool pouches, staple gun, staples water, lunch etc. Let us know if you are coming please. KTM Tom
  7. V

Calabogie North / Work & Ride / Sat Aug 30th

I'm hoping to get some Orange Level Rider support for working this Saturday August 30 for a North side work day to work on the Orange Route! Meet at The Pit for 9am KTM TOM
  8. V

Calabogie North / Work & Ride / Wed Aug 27th

HI GUYS, WEDS--- 9-930AM...Northside PIT. Snipping tools, saws,staple gun if you got it... We will have some trail clearing to do... I believe that Paul Battle is coming with his chain saw! (YES) Everyone welcome..all skill levels... we can split work up! Tom
  9. V

Shawville Shuffle This Coming Weekend

A reminder that this coming weekend is the Shawville Shuffle. I was out on wed of this week and the trails are in great shape. If you have not ridden here, it is well worth the drive. A 10.8 km loop designed to keep you focused on skills like clutch control, body position, braking. It is a...
  10. V

Calabogie North Side Ride / Wed August 20th

I will be riding Calabogie North this coming Wed the 20th. 9am at the pit. Ride at 9:30 Woodys Wonderland, Oriole Lake, Toms Trail, Rodden Route / Wabun / Newfie Autobaun / Missing Link Let me know if you are planning to come along. Paul B
  11. V

Calabogie South Ride / Saturday August 2nd

Park: Hyw 511 & Campbells Rd. Meet @ 9:30 Ride at 10am Optional Breakfast meet up at 8:45. The Blue Onion (511 & 508) This is leased from Munfords. Higher quality, better service. A fun ride but not technically hard or long. I would like to do at least two laps of the M&M, then a larger...
  12. V

Calabogie North Side / Wed July 30th

Calabogie North Side at the Gravel pit for 9am Ride at 9:30 Tom is organizing a ride on the North side to do some boogie prep work. Ride the trails / GPS map a new section by Greens Landing / Trail clearing a 1 km section from Hydro Line near Ferguson Rd to The Garnsey
  13. V

Intermittent Missfiring

07 CRF 250 X Recently installed a Athena 280 big bore kit and a Hot Cams Stage 1 cam, a new Trail Tech Stator with Reg/Rec and a new cut off switch that allows me to also turn off the headlight. Also installed a Recluse clutch. The Trail Tech stator kit was brand new everything else was used...
  14. V

Observed Trials In Eastern Ontario

I have been trying to find info on observed trails events / training in Eastern Ontario but have not been able to find much at all. Is there anything happening in our area?
  15. V

Work / Ride Wed July 31st

Wed July 31st. 9am HGC / Calabogie Part Ride / Part Trail work on DMZ/HCM/Oddette Bypass Please respond if coming. Paul B
  16. V

Sunday July 28th / Calabogie Trail Clearing

9 am at Highlands Golf Course Looking for help with the trail clearing to prep for the Boogie. Bring hand saw and hand pruners Food / water and riding gear.
  17. V

Sunday July 21st Trail Work / Rides

The Boogie Trails are set and some work has started on clearing. Lots to do. I (Paul) will be parking at Flower Station (K&P) this Sunday at 9am to work on the DMZ & Ho Chi Ming The temperatures Sunday will be great for a work ride. I am sure there will be a few crew bosses calling for some...
  18. V

2 Day Algonquin Trail Ride

I am planning on attending this event and wondered if any other BMA members will be going. Paul
  19. V

ORM Insurance in Ottawa

Any recommendations on a broker for ORM insurance in Ottawa. The OFTR web site brecommended Nicole McCann (State Farm) Her quote was $126.00 for $1,000,000 liability which seems fine, but quoted $1,747 for my Vstrom. My present policy is $761.00 a year for the Vstrom through CAA. CAA...
  20. V

Calabogie / Soldier On Ride

Calabogie peaks is hosting an event for Soldier On. http://www.calabogie.com/ridestart.php Not a dual sport ride but if others come along we can do our own route to the poker run sites. I have invited some Stromtroopers to join me and am seeing if others here would like to join. The trails are...