Work / Ride Wed July 31st

Vfrog

Wed July 31st.
9am HGC / Calabogie
Part Ride / Part Trail work on DMZ/HCM/Oddette Bypass
Please respond if coming.
Paul B

bohomoto

I am interested in joining because I would like an introduction to the Calabogie riding area (I did not yet own a bike when the June 23rd Calabogie orientation event took place).

I might be able to join but mornings are difficult for me. Is it easy to meet me at the starting point at an agreed upon time (like it would be if we were riding at Limerick)? Would you be able to meet at HGC later in the day?

Would anyone else be interested in meeting on Wednesday later in the day?

Blake

Vfrog

Hi Chris. Yes these trails are an intermediate level. There are a couple of challenging spots but we can scout them on the way out. We can do High Falls and Long Grass on the way out to warm up and have some fun before trimming.

Blake. It really does not work to come back in after leaving HGC. It is a good hike to get out to the trails along the K&P and 77. Usually we take a light lunch out on the trail or some power bars and then are back in by 2 pm or so. If you can't make it for the morning you may want to come out on the work weekend of Aug 10/11th. Doing the Boogie itself would be the best orientation.

bohomoto

Thanks Paul,

Based on descriptions of the Calabogie riding that I have read other places, I was expecting that it might be difficult to come back for late-comers. Thanks for getting back to me though.

Also, thanks for the note about the Aug 10/11 work weekend. I would love to come but I have signed up for the race weekend in Rockland. A trail day might be more my speed at this point (just got my first enduro bike last week) so you might see me there regardless.

Thanks again and have a good ride!

Blake
200 XC-W

And I'm already signed up for the Boogie. REALLY looking forward to it.

Hi Paul, I will not be able to make it but will plan on joining you next Wednesday if you are going. I made a commitment to ride with some other guys this week. We road DMZ on Sunday and it looked not too bad. We cleared some face slappers and logs as we went. Long grass and high falls were fine. I am not sure we covered most of DMZ as I am not 100% sure of the trail. We also did some work near two bridges and Hi-Lo. We do need to fix the two Bridges as there are large holes in them. Let me know your plans for next wed.

Chris

Vfrog

Looks like I would be by myself. So I will cancel the work and join the group on the North side pit at 9:30am.

SteveM

Hi Paul,
Sorry for the late reply. I can join you tomorrow. I am on vacation this week and I just got clearance to go riding tomorrow. Should I meet you at the HGC at 9:00 or the pit at 9:30 ? I believe I have ridden with you before on club rides.

Regards,
Steve