Recent content by fmcd

1. fmcd

Duelsport

Spellcheck doesn't seem to mind, is this a thing?
  2. fmcd

Womens Riding Skills avec Felicia Robichaud

Its April so its soggy and we've elected to choose the better predicted day of the upcoming weekend for this girls-only training day: SUNDAY the 26 Apr. 2015 Please review the More Details page attached to the event under EVENTS on pg. 1 of this site all kinds of important stuff you need to...
  3. fmcd

02 Nov. Shawville

Conditions are pretty manageable for November here, if the weather holds the invite is out to anyone up for the drive to motofarm Sunday the 02nd. I just opened a scenic bypass to Impossible Hill. F McDermott
  4. fmcd

Intermediate Sunday-Monday

Some added steep stuff here at home open if anyone is interested in the motofarm circuit Sunday and Monday (near Shawville, QC) I would like to ride the Northside through the coming week any time that suits, also. fmcd@storm.ca Happy thanksgiviner, F McDermott
  5. fmcd

Long Shot: Klim Repairs

Anyone have suggestions where I might find Klim repair for a ripped pants seam somewhere locally? Maybe I blew out the seam landing on my butt but I refuse to reveal further potentially incriminating details. Thank you for possible suggestions. FMcD
  6. fmcd

Let's Ride

Open invite to anyone interested in riding on the Thanksgiving long weekend and just about any other day by arrangement here at the Motoranch. Conditions are perfect and no 4-wheeler or other traffic on the trail. PM or email for directions or timing. Franco
  7. fmcd

Motoranch video link

How dry is it? Dry. Here's a link to a short vid done by a friend of an informal recreational ride up here at the farm a coupla weeks back. Always good to see riders having fun, take a look: http://youtu.be/hml2Jp1vsD0 Francis
  8. fmcd

Does anyone ride in this weather?

I know it's Summer but this hot and dry stuff is a bit much for my offroad enjoyment. last weekend we did a couple of laps at 8:30 which worked but by 10:30 it was far too hot and dusty for having fun. Who has a few tips for managing the dry, dusty conditions or are there perfect places to go...
  9. fmcd

Youtube vid of practice trail

Here's a Youtube vid of my home trail with riders that offers better view of trail characteristics. It was done this Fall and gives a pretty good indication of the present layout. Since a lap takes about 15 minutes it works well to take a rest between each one to stay fresh and ride safely. I...
  10. fmcd

GoPro or go elsewhere?

We've used both the GoPro HD and earlier version for a couple of seasons with the intent of utilising vid footage for review of any number of useful functions. Never once has anyone considered that capturing spectacular crashes and such typical mishaps everyone experiences might be best of all...
  11. fmcd

American Visitors

What license requirements do I advise a small group of American visitors with mostly offroad-only motorbikes who would like to spend a day on some of the Calabogie area single-track trails? They'll likely trailer to either the gravel pit on the North side or the usual start point at the HGC for...
  12. fmcd

Ride Much?

BMA has a fairly strong membership and seems to organise a number of club rides intended to be appropriate to the normal range of rider experience and comfort. So, what offroad riding do members do in between the scheduled ride events? Do the majority of active offroaders head out to public...
  13. fmcd

Farmville, Like?

Send me a PM or email if you might be interested in a few practice laps of the home practice trail I maintain here at home near Shawville, QC. Mixed terrain and you won't have to do any bush work unless you blow a turn. There are field sections which link the treed bits so more knobbies equals...
  14. fmcd

Plonking about, West of Ottawa

We're starting to use the down-on-the-farm trail here near Shawville and are open to inviting a few riders to accompany us on our weekend ride days, typically weather dependant, we'll sometimes ride both Saturday and Sunday. As described elsewhere this trail is relaxed and pretty easy but not...
  15. fmcd

Which tire goes where?

OK, maybe not that bad but I'd appreciate any feedback concerning is a Pirelli MT 16 still considered one of the top 3 all-around rears for off-road? I've had happy trails with Dunlop but my new/old 450 EXC came with a Kenda Millville which has no grip in clay or mud even though it's a new...