Early spring riding.

Lc82

Hi everyone . Im looking for suggestions on where to ride as the weather warms up ? I'm guessing Limerick is off limits until May so can I ride calabogie area or are there other places to go ? I'm looking for beginner to intermediate areas .

Thanks !

steph

Lc82":o9gvz70t said:
Hi everyone . Im looking for suggestions on where to ride as the weather warms up ? I'm guessing Limerick is off limits until May so can I ride calabogie area or are there other places to go ? I'm looking for beginner to intermediate areas .

Thanks !
Come up to Masham. See post about Eric's place in this forum. Give him a call.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

jmajor

I'd love to get out early, but the choices seem pretty limited! If you have a spot in mind (as well as what day yer thinkin') post it here and you may just get some folks out!

Jason

Lc82

Was at Calabogie on the weekend at tatty hill. Still a good amount of snow on the trails. Where are some good places to park to ride the north side ?

barbotte

i am sure you can park at the eagle nest spot on the site of the road as no one goes for a walk for few week
cheer

ktmdirtbiker

Hello--- about riding the North Side...

Please be aware that BMA has an agreement with the Algonquins of Eastern Ontario whereby , we as a club, are & have previously over the past several years asking our members to refrain from entering Eagles Nest Area!..

I know that as a club, we used to have The Boogie go to the little parking area on the ATV trail at the base of Eagles Nest...But we NO LONGER condone or advise this practice!
Please respect the Native Spirituality for this location!
I know that ATV's still go there... But I'm sure if you check with Chris Davis (BMA President) he will confirm this very important point!

I have been involved in the North Side Boogie for the 11 years I've been with BMA..
I strongly advise that riding the North Side at this point will be extremely negative towards the trail stability.
PLEASE...Hang in there a bit loger before riding Calabogie North.
Tom in Brockville.

Lc82

No problem Tom. I’ll stay away from the north side. Is riding the south side at Tatty hill ok such as k&p or bompas trail? Will there be posts up for north side rides ? I’m not familiar with the area.

Thanks for the info

Marilius

Steph and I were out today on the south side. Did 40 km in 3 hours. Still lots of snow out there. The first 1/3 of Bompas was deep and ruff but the rest was "good". The trails over all are ride-able if you know where to go and stay off the hard stuff/deep snow. Steph got some Pic's and hopefully will post them when he has a min to do so.

Normally the North side you wouldn't want to ride till the conditions get better, maybe mid to end of may. You'll start seeing rides being posted around the same time. Just make sure whoever u go out with knows what your skill level is so they tailor the ride to your level/skill.

stephlal

Braaaaap!
Staff member
For anyone wondering what the trails look like I took a few pics today from the south side, all ATV trails.
Ryan resumed trail status pretty well. Don't let the pictures fool you, there is still 1" to 4" of snow on all the trails. The further we wen't west, the more snow we encountered on the trails.
Don't bother going out unless you have a low pressure tire system or / and studs.
We ran on tubliss today (no studs) and it was a blast, plan to do it again next week.

Marilius

LOL.. Didn't even know you took a Pic of me by the water. Almost ended the day there, came close to falling in :D .

Marilius

Hard to say if you need studs or not, I've never used them so not 100% sure. We are going to get a lot of rain and some snow over the next 5 days. Like Steph said we are running tubliss 8PSI front and 3PSI in the back and the trials were do-able with that set up. For this weekend we are keeping an eye on the weather and going to see if we can get out when it's not raining. So far Friday late afternoon/night is looking ok, but we'll see.