Recent content by Scott

1. Scott

Spark Arrestors?

I’ve heard that the OPP have been checking for spark arrestors at Limerick , but no tickets
  2. Scott

Spark Arrestors?

My 2023 KTM 300 does not have a spark arrestor. Two-strokes run cooler than 4T. I've ordered the Enduro Engineering arrestor but it is expensive at $169.66. The Fisch spark arrestor is cheaper at $129.95 and its Canadian made in BC. But the Fisch website does not recommend them for KTM Tpi bikes.
  3. Scott

Spark Arrestors?

With the wild fire at Centennial Lake should the BMA and OFTR add spark arrestors to the riding requirements As it has with the sound requirement of 94db? Please comment
  4. Scott

For Sale 2019 KTM 690 Enduro R

Asking $9,700.00 6784km Upgrades include new Pirelli tires, Handguards, and Oxford heated grips. Bike features engine with balancing shafts, Traction control, ABS, Slipper clutch, and Quick shifter.
  5. Scott

Travel forum?

Hi Mat Just before the pandemic, I travelled to Thailand for some DS riding. We rented Honda CRF 250L bikes. The ridding was northern Thailand with a mix of asphalt, concrete, dirt, and trails. There are roads through steep mountains with nothing but switchback turns so tight, it was hard to...
  6. Scott

New/Novice ride nights (Thursdays 5pm)

Hi Jeff Can I help. I’ll try to make it next Thursday.
  7. Scott

Insurance for my kid

We were stopped by the OPP at Limerick last Friday. We asked if they had an issue if a kids bike was owned and insured under the parents name. The answer was No - so long as the bike was insured. I believe its $140 for an uninsured bike on the trail. However, there may be issues if you tried to...
  8. Scott

690/701 transmission

I just got a 690 and the gear ratios are ok. I'm usually in 3rd or 4th on my 300 at LImerick, With the 690 1st & 2nd on the same trail. But the seat height is way taller than my 300.
  9. Scott

Who's here now?

Hi duel sport gang I'm ready to go with a KTM 690R
  10. Scott

FOUND at Limerick Forest

There were 2 items left in the gravel pit Saturday Sept 16. Contact me if it's yours Scott
  11. Scott

Trials Tire

I was thinking of using a trials tire for Calabogie. Are they much better in the rocks? What about mud?
  12. Scott

Rx Goggles

Do your prescription glass always fall off when removing your goggles, or fog up on rainy days. I started wearing http://www.rxgoggles.com/ inserts a number of years ago. They can be transferred between goggles (I have 1 set of goggles with the foam removed for greater ventilation on wet...
  13. Scott

Installing New Piston - Tip 2

Installing the piston (wrist) pin clip is a pain in the a**. You can try to do it by hand, if you have strong fingers, but it’s easy to scratch the side of the piston. You can use pliers, but risk over stressing the clip. Both these methods can cause the clip to fly across the shop never to be...
  14. Scott

Installing New Piston - Tip 1

Ok, so you want to install a new piston in your 2-smoker, but the old piston pin won't come out Home made piston pin puller If the old pin will not come out, a simple home-made pin puller will get the job done. You will need a long bolt, washer , nut and socket. Grind the head of the bolt so...
  15. Scott

Black Bear Sighting - Calabogie

I was ridding near the Eagles Nest at the BMA North Side Orientation when I came upon a large black bear running down the trail in front of me. Thinking that it might not be a good ideal to catch up with him, I stopped and watched as it turn into the woods. It looked big, definitely bigger than...