Will COVID-19 shut down our riding areas?

Snapshot

Just wondering what the odds are that the province/municipalities will step in to close down public areas such as Limerick, Larose, Calabogie, etc. for the riding season. Saw an article in the Ottawa Citizen where Ornge medevac had to airlift an ATV rider from Pembroke into town and they were reminding readers that we should be "...staying home unless absolutely necessary", in other words, we shouldn't be out there riding.

mart242

I hope not.. life is short and so is riding season. It sure would suck to waste a year worth of kids gear because they've outgrown it without using it. And it's an activity in the middle of nowhere. No need to park close to others. One thing for sure however is I'll take it slow with the kids, the last thing I want is for one of us to end up at the ER!

If they ban offroading, will they ban mountain biking in trails around Ottawa as well?

Based on this, it would be allowed in Ottawa since it's not in a group:
https://www.publichealthontario.ca/-/me ... .pdf?la=en

Limerick and Larose Forests are closed to all motorized use. Limerick forest has now been closed to ALL USE by order of the County. Check out the BMA website and social media feeds for updates as we go forward.