Why a KTM 690 Enduro Rd is in the 650 category

razie

At the last Calaboogie ride I was not allowed to move up at lunch and participate in the 650 class because KTM decided to up the engine cc to 690 of the 690 Enduro R that I was using, the most capable 650 class bike. Period. By far. Period. And supposedly, some guy on the same type of bike last year caused issues. So there is no way I could take that bike in that class.

While I will not attend that ride again, maybe some education will help with decisions and excuses in the future.

Last edited:

Terry

Staff member
Hi Razie, I'd like to apologize on behalf of the BMA. Something went wrong if your 690 was rejected from the Aggressive DS ride since clearly it should have been accepted as an exception to the 650 rule. The intent of the 650 rule is valid as it is necessary to restrict the size and weight of bikes participating for the safety of the participants and the volunteers that help pull bikes out of the woods and swamps when things go wrong. However this was a mistake given the weight and intended use of your 690.

Please give us another try and perhaps get involved with the club to help steer decisions in the future.