Where to teach kids before trails open?

mart242

I'd like to get my kids going ASAP this year but saw that the trails at Limerick Forest don't open until ~mid-may. Is the "pit" open until then? Never been there before but heard about it. Any other spot I should go to on the Ontario side? I just need a wide space to get them going.

The whole family has OFTR membership and bikes are plated / insured.

jbreedon

How many kids do you guys have and what age? Limerick including the pit is closed, but I might have an option for you when we finally get rid of the snow and it dries up a bit.

PM me for details

Jeff

I'm shopping for a kid friendly riding area too! I have a co worker with a farm and fields but not for a large group. I am looking to help out at Terry's and have the kids ride there when things dry up (dunrobin). The moto Farm in Masham may be an option but call to clarify. I am looking at City owned property around where I live that is away from people and homes with very low traffic (under the radar). How about the Marlborough Forest? I emailed Councillor Moffat and he indicated that it was dirty bike friendly. Very flat/ beginner terrain, not sure if there are closures there but will look into it!
Chris

mart242

Great, keep me posted about the Marlgorough forest. My kids are total noobs so a week-end of muddy parking lot until they get used to the new bikes would be fine..

gman

yvinogradov":25l7879o said:
a fairly large field off Tatty Hill Rd (https://goo.gl/maps/nuWk2CBv9tP2) is where I'd go...

don't know if it's public land or what, so whatever you decide - it's at your own risk :)

As an FYI to all, the Grass Track/area off Tatty Hill is in fact Private Land. We ask permission to use it for the Calabogie Boogie and would ask that we stay off of it otherwise.

Thanks!

mart242

gman":1uoxkyji said:
yvinogradov":1uoxkyji said:
a fairly large field off Tatty Hill Rd (https://goo.gl/maps/nuWk2CBv9tP2) is where I'd go...

don't know if it's public land or what, so whatever you decide - it's at your own risk :)

As an FYI to all, the Grass Track/area off Tatty Hill is in fact Private Land. We ask permission to use it for the Calabogie Boogie and would ask that we stay off of it otherwise.

Thanks!

Does this apply to both sides of Tatty hill? (north and south)

gman

mart242":15zs6qmt said:
gman":15zs6qmt said:
yvinogradov":15zs6qmt said:

Thanks!

Does this apply to both sides of Tatty hill? (north and south)

Technically... Yes. Both sides are owned by the same owners as the HGC and a lot of other Land in and around Calabogie. We see people riding both sides occasionally. But the club encourages the Members to stay off without prior permission. The better we are at this, the easier it is to work with Land Owners in and around Calabogie for our hosted events, keeping trails open, maintaining our reputation, etc. Thanks...

mart242

gman":hgnouu46 said:
Technically... Yes. Both sides are owned by the same owners as the HGC and a lot of other Land in and around Calabogie. We see people riding both sides occasionally. But the club encourages the Members to stay off without prior permission. The better we are at this, the easier it is to work with Land Owners in and around Calabogie for our hosted events, keeping trails open, maintaining our reputation, etc. Thanks...

Fair enough. Is there an actual map that shows where we can ride? A lot of it is supposed to be crown land. I couldn't find a good map on the BMA Website.