• I'm waiting for the right event

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No one has called me to volunteer yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dschultz

Administrator
Hi:
Anyone who has volunteered during the Hare Scramble, Family Funday, OFTR Fitness Test, Boogie Planning, attended meetings re land use etc. please head over to the volunteer hours tracking web site and if you don't have an account their already create one and record all of your hours. We need to know them for the BMA membership (as you recall it was on the registration form) and the OFTR needs to know them for their lobbying purposes.

I've created different BMA club specific activity entries for us to record our hours against, but if you were doing something else like the fitness study then you'll find the Fitness Test activity under the OFTR heading.

I know many people have been working on the planning of the Calabogie Boogie and you should be recording your hours for all the time spent on the planning stages leading up to the event.

If you have trouble with the volunteer site, send me your hours and I'll add them for you. Make sure you send me your full name, address, phone number and current email address so I can create the proper account entries, if you forward your hours to me. You can use the PM or email links on this forum site to reach me.

The volunteer site is: http://web.volunteer2.com/Public/In...8872-4ca4-402b-8258-066085d2d5bd/default.aspx
Thanks.
Dale
[BMA Volunteer Coordinator]

KTMgirl73

Okay, I am feeling really stupid, but how do I cast my vote?

Thanks,

Wishing this could be anonymous!

EDIT: Oh! I have to reply first.

dschultz

Administrator
Hi all volunteers.
I was looking at the reports on the volunteer tracking web site and it appears we are a bunch of slackers with only 134 hours logged for the year to date. Now I know that's not true, so please head over to the web site and add your hours.

Thanks.
Dale
PS: the link to the site is in my first post above.

woody

Hi Dale this is soooo true we do the work and then dont record the times for reference ...i am logging all my work crew related hours in my day book,when i have time i will deal with this function from ice racing on thru my events and all boogie related hours as they are really adding up i would guess 3-400 hours total for everyone involved ,keep up the great work Dale ,Woody

mph450e

Dale - thanks for pulling on this!

I've got a wack of hours to record, but need to take the time to add them up (hey, look at that - MORE hours)..... :lol:

I'll git er' done....

dschultz

Administrator
Just another friendly reminder (or poke) to get your hours logged on the volunteer tracking site.
If you have difficulties, email or PM me and I can get you started.

Here's a bit of info on volunteer statistics. Of all of the Ontario clubs registered on the volunteer web site, the BMA has logged the most hours volunteered. To date of the 1688 hours logged the BMA accounts for 491.5 hours so far. Let's keep up the great work!

Dale

tj

I don't see on the OFTR's volunteer site a place for Boogie hours. Should it not have its own item?

dschultz

Administrator
Once you log in to record your hours go to the section "Trail Ride Series Event Helper" and select from the list "Calabogie Boogie".

It doesn't show up in the list anymore as the event time has passed but you can still log hours against it.
Dale

woody

finally got to adding up all the hours i was concerned with in the last year ,including all my crews hours for the ice season ,including logistics ,the scrambles spring and fall of 08 and all the work by myself and the crews helping for a grand total of 843hrs total ,have already submitted them to the OFTR ,thanks to the many folks involved for there tireless efforts this year Woody

Scott

I'm a new member this year. How do I go about volunteering? Can my 16 yr old son (a member/rider) use the volunteer hours towards his high school credit?

105 rider

Just watch the website. There is usually a call for volunteers, before an event comes up. Also, you can give Dave Phifer a call. He is the new volunteer organizer. And yes, your son can use the volunteer hours for the required school hours, it won't take long for him to rack up 40 hours.

PeteZ

As the Dual-sport riders are out'n'aboot early this year, scouting new trails, meeting to organize impromtu group rides, recording our tracks/waypoints for submission to the club etc. Would these activities be considered 'volunteer hours'?

And on the question of GPS waypoint submisstion - Should the Dual-sport rides/trails be catagorized seperately (ie- on the website)?

Cheers & thx,
PeteZ

ps- hoping to contirbute some volunteer hours to some organized Dual-sport club rides & trail maint this year.