USA Adventure Ride

scott1

Hello,

Does anyone know if there are circuits or tracks that are recommended maybe in the Adirondack Mountain region? I am looking to plan a US ride in the spring or summer. A combination of road and trail riding if both exist in upper New York State. I'm thinking this would be a Saturday / Sunday type trip. (Crossing at Cornwall or Prescott to the USA)

scott1

I'm looking for a good tire that will allow at least two season's of off road and on road driving. I am interested in a few high mileage trips on the road, but Calabogie is always a favorite for more aggressive trail riding. Any suggestions for my XR650L are welcomed. I'm going tire shopping in March.... :|

scott1

Michelin AC 10. agressive for the forest however they didn't wear well on the pavement.
I got two seasons out of them. 2000km

I would like to have a good mix but not get poor performance in the woods with minimal tread.

PeteZ

Dunlop 606's aren't in the list, and I think they are a great tire. Good in the muck/sand and still good on the street (a bit noisy, but handle well). Not sure how they would wear on the street, but if they are similar to my 605's (an OEM Kawi tire) that got 13,000km, then I'll be very happy. The 605 is a great tire, but the front doesn't do well in the sand/mud at all.

scott1

Update. just purchased front and rear TKC from Woody's. heavy duty tubes too. :D
if I can get my trailer out of the back storage I'll have the bike to him in a few weeks to install and do a tune up too.