Tubliss / Nuetech

Aube

I'll run 5-7 in the rear and 7-8 up front with my tubliss. I only run 10psi when I'm at the MX track. Some guys will run even lower psi with their tubliss, the extra traction is pretty impressive, no need to worry about pinch flats.

zedro

Calabogie: 0-6psi for me, but I run a dessert tire so I'm not worried about damaging the tire, more pliable tires (with low ply counts) will run a bit higher pressures otherwise they can bottom out and get torn up. Running 15psi in Calabogie is ROUGH on technical climbs. I know some insist on 15psi for safety sake (tubes), but they are really missing out traction wise, and you don't want to be failing climbs all day.

Front I'm 8-10 psi

stephlal

Braaaaap!
Staff member
We just converted two bikes last week and finally got to test it out yesterday through a torrential downpour in boogie, it was AWESOME, best decision ever!
Anyways, on to your PSI question...

1 - Tire choice, ply will play into your PSI decision
2 - Rider weight

We both went with the AT81 RC on the rear, and damn that tire is thick and has strong side walls. We did my buddies bike first, and he's 170 pounds wet, at 6 PSI he was barely flattening the tire knobs on the ground to create a larger traction patch, removed more air and tried it at 3.5 PSI, the traction patch was larger, but when I sat on it my patch was even larger since I weigh 235 pounds. Ply and weight play heavily into your decision. I'm also not worried about running lower PSI as zedro said, since high ply provides some protection against tire damage.

We also ran 8 PSI in the front yesterday and really liked it, we both went with the Maxxis Cross Desert IT for the front.