Trials riding?

Tim Taylor

Hello,

I purchased an old trials bike this past year (78 Yamaha TY250), and I was wondering if there are other people who ride old (or new) trials bikes locally?

Regards,
Tim

bohomoto

I have a '76 Honda TL250.

I don't ride it much because... well... my 2010 KTM 200 is 800% more fun.

That said, I would bring it with me to Calabogie for a loop around Garnsey's or something.

Otherwise, the CMA offers a vintage class in their trials events, I think. But I don't have time for that.

Tim Taylor

There are also events in Ormstown, Qc. through a group there, as well as events hosted by the Southwest Ontario Vintage Trials group in and around London. I am going to try to plan to attend some of those events this summer, as well as get out in it with my daughter to play around on it. If there is anyone here who also wants to get out a few times this year, please contact me. I'm sure I will get out on my WR250R as well.

fmcd

Hang in there you trials faithful! BMA is hot on the trail for trials this year, all in the organizational stage but trials is on the club agenda this year with training and recreational stuff in the works. Trials is happening!

FMcD

Wow,im happy to have stumbled on this thread,i usually hang out on the thumper talk forums.I just picked up an old sherco today and have been trying to get a feel for the trials commmunity in ottawa but there doesnt seem to be much.If anyone has a decent place to ride and wants some company,txt me at 613 424 0839,cory.

Thanatos

Just bought a new to me Beta evo 300 4t. I did a little sound testing with a sound meter app on my ipod.
back yard fun !!! this bike is very quite, less noise than some electric mowers..

later

Attachments

• sound test small.jpg
    sound test small.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 8,773

woodyscycles

check out my website as we will be having our first trials event in early oct .we have some fantastic possible sections and are a definite on this one thanks woody

Terry

Staff member
Thanks To Tony, Patrick, Cory and Eric, on Saturday afternoon significant progress was made towards getting our Dunrobin trials practice area in shape. Not only did we clear a lot of bush but we found even more great big rocks hiding in those bushes and started moving a few of them into what I hope will be a fun, challenging set of obstacles to play with trials bikes on. My neighbour "Gonzo" even got in on the action bringing over his tractor to help out. Many hands make light work! Please contact Eric B. or myself if you want to get involved.