Thanks to everyone!

madrob

Hi everyone,

This years Boogie was a great success despite the miserable weather on Saturday.

I want to thank all the workers who cleared trail, put up arrows, sound checked bikes, manned the registration desk, planned the routes, cooked lunch, pre-rode in the rain and rode sweep in the rain till way past dark!

There are still a few arrows left on some trails and we need them removed asap so that our trails don't get discovered by others. If anyone feels like helping out please contact Doug McNiel or Steve Gearnsey for which trails need work.

Thanks again!

Rob

weekender

I'll be riding the M&M and the nearby loops on both sides of the 511 tomorrow night (Wed). I'll pull any of the arrows I see.

My son & I went riding last night on the trails that cross 511 near the M & M. We took down a bunch of arrows, but there's still a lot more to be taken down.

Tim Taylor

I know this might be an odd comment, but I was wondering what the implications would be if we were to leave the arrows from organized rides up. It might be nice to have a route all mapped out, so that the only thing I would have to worry about when doing a Sunday ride is hammering a tree, and not directions...

madrob

Tim Taylor":1p2titc8 said:
I know this might be an odd comment, but I was wondering what the implications would be if we were to leave the arrows from organized rides up. It might be nice to have a route all mapped out, so that the only thing I would have to worry about when doing a Sunday ride is hammering a tree, and not directions...

Hi Tim,

Some of the land we use for the Boogie is private and we get permission to use it for the Boogie alone. We can't leave these arrow up. As for the other markers, we don't want the ATV riders finding our single track trail and wrecking it. We have had several trail destroyed by the ATV clubs clearing trees so they can get there beer hauling machines down them.

So for now, you'll need to ride with guys who know the area and learn the trail network.

Rob

ktmkevin

On a slightly different subject: Dave Wrack went above and beyond the call of duty by throwing new wheel bearings into a KTM for some riders who were in a bit of trouble at the Boogie. Unfortunately, these people have not contacted Dave at Wheelsport to even up for the kit that he supplied. Come on guys.....I would hate to thing that fellow dirt bikers would stiff Dave after he bailed them out in such a generous manner.