spring

tjcool

i think she' gonna be early....nice change from last year....getting excited or anxious yet?...I almost pee my paints when I think about riding soon...can I say that..pee? :roll: ...got some new accessories to put on bike...make riding easier maybe?..the One Light Clutch will for sure....and the bigger gear shifter from Beta...

tj

rossw

Administrator
Staff member
We are also very anxious, the question is when do the trails open.

Last year was VERY wet and I think Limerick did not open till May 20'th and Larose was June 3'rd or something like that :-(

stephlal

Braaaaap!
Staff member
Can't wait!
I recommend you lookup motocross tracks.
We did SRA motocross April 8th last year. 5 tracks (3 for the big boys), all sand, drains extremely well and is usually one of the first ones to open in the region.
It's a great spot close to home to get seat time early in the season without leaving ruts all over our trail system because its too wet.

tjcool

rossw":odey2wwn said:
We are also very anxious, the question is when do the trails open.

Last year was VERY wet and I think Limerick did not open till May 20'th and Larose was June 3'rd or something like that :-(

last year was a wet spring..think this year will not be....saddle up!

Aube

tjcool":jwaqt36z said:
I will have a look see...is that the name of the track or just a generic search name?
That's the name of the track. There's also Valley Supersport, San Del Lee, Xtown and KMMX in the area.

tjcool

Aube":dfr27bob said:
tjcool":dfr27bob said:
I will have a look see...is that the name of the track or just a generic search name?
That's the name of the track. There's also Valley Supersport, San Del Lee, Xtown and KMMX in the area.

looks like there is quite a choice....nice!

rossw

Administrator
Staff member
At the MX tracks, do you do any riding which is similar to trails or are you ripping around the track and catching air like I imagine MX'ers do?

I have never really considered an MX track as I have no interest in driving top speed or stuff like that. I much prefer the putt putt of trail riding... but I am making some broad assumptions of what the track is like when races are not being held.

Aube

You don't have to ride the track like a typical mxer. I do, but that's because I enjoy it and am practicing for XC races like those in FMSQ. There are often kids on the track and/or people that are just learning to ride.

Some of the tracks have trails as well, ValleySupersport had a great loop that was used for last year's race, hoping that it will be open early this year.

stephlal

Braaaaap!
Staff member
rossw":12lsiybd said:
At the MX tracks, do you do any riding which is similar to trails or are you ripping around the track and catching air like I imagine MX'ers do?

I have never really considered an MX track as I have no interest in driving top speed or stuff like that. I much prefer the putt putt of trail riding... but I am making some broad assumptions of what the track is like when races are not being held.

http://sramotocross.com/pistes

519 is the one we rode the most, 2km track with only 1 small jump.
Being a intermediate track with 1 jump, we didn't find many racers on this one, it was pretty tame, which was nice.