Spring Trail Ride - Postponement

mike oreilly

The Club Spring Trail Ride, originally scheduled for Sunday May 13 (Mother's Day!!) in the Black Donald area (behind Calabogie Peaks) has been postponed to Sunday, June 10.
This event will be similar to last fall's ride - except that a mid-day BBQ (included in the entry fee) is planned to get everyone back to the trucks for a break and some socializing.
Mark your calendars now, and watch the web-site for more details.
Mike O'Reilly

Doug

Administrator
If you have set of Motard wheels (or a street bike) you can spend your Saturday burning up the new road circuit nearby before dodging trees the next day on the club ride:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The OSC is pleased to offer a track day this year, as we have in years past, where riders will be given the opportunity to practice higher speed cornering, braking, and throttlemanagement in a controlled and professional environment.

What’s more, we are pleased to announce that this year’s track venue will be the newly opened Calabogie Motorsports Park and it will be a two day event, spanning the days of Saturday, June 9th, and Sunday June 10th 2007.

Registration fees are as follows:

• Single Day (Saturday OR Sunday) : $ 188.68 + GST = $200.00

• Both Days (Saturday AND Sunday) : $339.62 + GST = $360.00

http://www.ottawamotorcycle.ca/assets/f ... 007-v1.pdf

http://www.ottawamotorcycle.ca/news-012 ... 2007.shtml

mike oreilly

BTW, we haven't set an entry fee yet for the Spring Ride...but it will be considerably less than the track day referenced above!
Mike
P.S. the weather is supposed to cool off a bit this weekend. I'm going to try and head up and string together a bit more single-track.

Doug

Administrator
mike oreilly":3glxp1dq said:
we haven't set an entry fee yet for the Spring Ride...but it will be considerably less than the track day referenced above!
No question, the "thrills per dollar" ratio is much better off road :!:

KTMgirl73

Hey guys,

Ready for more information on the Calabogie Spring Ride i.e. meeting place (directions too please as I have not been to Calabogie yet :shock: ), time and fee.

Thanks.

mike oreilly

I would like to say that preparations are well underway for next Sundays Spring Club Ride - but it wouldn't be true. I've just been too busy. But I should have time after this Saturday and will be doing some scouting etc. over the next week.

But, it will come together and the EVENT IS ON.
Registration from 9-10; Riders meeting at 10:00 and away we go.

DIRECTIONS: (mileages are approximate)
Take Hwy 17 west from Arnprior (approx. 15 km.);
Exit left at the Calabogie Road (Cty Rd 508);
(If you get to Renfrew on Hwy 17, you've gone too far);
Stay on 508 thru Burnstown and past Calabogie;
Continue on 508 past Calabogie Peaks Ski Hill;
The start is approx. 3.7 (if memory serves) past the ski hill on your left;
Watch for arrows starting from Burnstown, and the BMA sandwich board at the ride site.

Entry is TBD - really it is just a cost recovery for the BBQ.

Anyone out there inclined to haul along a BBQ and look after cooking 'burgs and sausages for lunch?
I can do it, but should probably be out on the trail guiding people.

Anything else, call me:
days: (613) 236-1222 ext. 2314
cell: (613) 558-5861

Mike