Spark Arrestors?

Scott

With the wild fire at Centennial Lake should the BMA and OFTR add spark arrestors to the riding requirements As it has with the sound requirement of 94db?

Please comment

Dutch

Doubling down, nice.
Your pipe will be hotter when you drop it and start another fire on fanny hill, lol

Scott

My 2023 KTM 300 does not have a spark arrestor. Two-strokes run cooler than 4T.
I've ordered the Enduro Engineering arrestor but it is expensive at $169.66. The Fisch spark arrestor is cheaper at $129.95 and its Canadian made in BC. But the Fisch website does not recommend them for KTM Tpi bikes.

rossw

Administrator
Staff member
My 2023 KTM 300 does not have a spark arrestor. Two-strokes run cooler than 4T.
I've ordered the Enduro Engineering arrestor but it is expensive at $169.66. The Fisch spark arrestor is cheaper at $129.95 and its Canadian made in BC. But the Fisch website does not recommend them for KTM Tpi bikes.
Thanks for the info Scott.

zedro

While legally not considered to be spark arrested, 2 stroke expansion pipes technically act this way at the stinger (the narrow pipe end before the muffler), so your 2 stroke is safe (just keep your packing in good shape).

Spark arrestors on 4 strokes can cause sparks if you let the carbon build up so make sure they are clean (just even for performance) . So as usual the laws and safety don't necessarily align.