Source for Forma boots in Montreal ottawa

zedro

Emailed them and yes, Terrains, and Predators. But then I just read that the weird backside profile doesn't really work with my Steg Pegz...might go Tech7 enduros after all.

Have you looked at Sidi's?i have the crossfires and they great boots,toe box is a bit narrow but otherwise a great boot.

zedro

Yeah I wish I could afford Crossfires or Gaernes 10s, but just way too pricey with today's dollar (and 18%duty from elsewhere). The new tech7s seem to be a huge improvement, especially over my old plastic tech3s with the crappy buckle system.

bohomoto

I had the Sidi Crossfire 2s but found the boot way too narrow. My foot just cramped up after an hour on the bike.

I just got a pair of the new Alpinestars Tech 7s. To be honest, the build quality, the buckle system, ankle mobility, and the liner all seem as good on the Tech 7s as they are on the Crossfires. (The old tech 7s had the crappy buckle system, but the new ones are almost exactly the same as the Sidi system.)

One thing that I will make extremely clear, the customer support I received from Sidi was despicable. My soles wore out within three rides so I tried to warranty the boots. They refused but suggested I buy the replacement sole for $50. Reluctantly, I agreed. That was in May. I to order the soles again in June, and again in July. I gave up in Aug.

In September, I bought the Tech 7s. The sole also has begun to wear. The company offered to replace the sole at no charge. I also ordered a second pair of replacement soles, which came in three days later.

Sidi = $849
Alpinestars Tech 7 = $385

Don't be a sucker. The Sidi are all hype.

zedro

You aren't by any chance filing your foot peg teeth into fine razors? Lol that's crazy, my tech 3s are on year 4 (a couple atv years)...they leak like a sieve and my feet have been freezing in them lately.

Good to hear the new techs are solid, I found a lot of reviews just had Astars as generally sucking based on older models before the new gen stuff.

JPultz

I'm on my second pair of Tech 7's and have had ok results. The first pair had some stitching let go above the heel but it could have been wear and tear. They did have a full season of MX on them. I've had no problems with the soles or buckles on either pair and they were both the older model. The best boots I have ever owned by a long shot are the Gaerne SG 10's. I've had a couple pairs with zero issues.... BUT now I see they're priced at $710 Canadian which is way out of my budget for boots! I'm sure they could be found cheaper though.

Blake are your new Tech 7's the Enduro model or the MX model? The enduro soles may be to soft for your riding style. You stand more than anyone I've ever rode with!!
Jon

zedro

Just received my new tech7 enduros yesterday, really impressed with that buckle and strap system, and initial comfort seems really good. I didn't realise they are hinged which is something no one seems to mention. I don't think i'm too hard on boots so I'll be happy with two seasons. And next year I'm removing my seat....no sitting allowed ever!

I priced SG10s from the US and overseas, no matter what it comes to about 700 after taxes and duties and exchange...saving 15% isn't enough to justify the hassle if a return is needed.

JPultz

LOL!!!! No seat!!! You're crazy man. I didn't know about the hinge either. That's pretty sweet to get at the price point of the Tech 7's.
The last SG10's I got cost me $450. $700 is a lot considering they haven't changed them.
Jon

SigPig

Try motostorm.it and set the price AUD which is the closest to CAD right now.

I've ordered from them several times now.

bohomoto

Blake are your new Tech 7's the Enduro model or the MX model? The enduro soles may be to soft for your riding style. You stand more than anyone I've ever rode with!!

I have the MX model. The reason that I'm wearing through soles is because of kickstarting. The 200 kiclstarter ends about 3/4 of an inch past the foot peg, so every time I kick the bike, I chip away part of my sole. The only solution I've heard is to make a conscious effort to place your foot on the very outside of the kickstarter. Or, to stop stalling the bike.