Small legal riding area closer to Kingston ?

Good day,

I live in Kingston and most of the time, I go to Limerick for riding. But this year, I have a pretty busy schedule which prevented me to go on regular basis.

Before I give up, does any of you know a riding area closer to Kingston. If I had some place to go that is less than 1 hour drive, that would be great when I only have 4-5h of free time on a day. Doesn't have to be that big, as long as I can do couple trails during an hour-ish ride.

Of course, I'm looking only for legal riding area and not for MX tracks. I do have insurance and registration and I prefer to explore the wood on my bike !

Thanks

Simon

stephlal

Braaaaap!
Staff member
The only crazy idea I can come up with is drive North to Shabot lake, east of it is the K&P trail.
That spot is 1h 10min. from Kingston, I'm sure that can be cut to less with a heavy foot since its says its only 85 km's away.

Ride K&P for 40'ish km's North and you land at Levant Station where Calabogie trails start.
Get an oversized tank for the bike and you are good to ride quite a bit in Calabogie before turning back for 40km back down K&P.

There is a gas station in ompah, 15km's east of Lavant.

Hey Simon!
I will ride Steph's coat tails and agree... go North. 509 has a great deal of two track to romp off of! Not much single track. Look at the Hydro lines that run across the 509 and go from there. Not sure what you are riding but I know there is a bunch of options. Send me a PM and I can send you some tracks from what I have ridden in that area. Again, not much for single track. Mostly 2 track trails!
Chris

sigops

Hi I'm new to the area also and looking for something local just to ride a little for a few hours. I'm on a KTM 450exc. If there is a pit or something. Just to play around in Kingston. It does not seem to be big in Kingston I'm having a hard time finding places nearby. Any info would be appreciated.

HEY!!! Just catching up on this. Also live in Kingston. Really not much to play around on other than a few fields and some crown land...TRUST ME...I used to have a blue plated bike and anything legal...I rode it like...the ditches along Taylor Kidd Blvd and the "tributaries" of trails around this area. The closest places to ride are Doub Draper's place that is a moto track ($20 to play) and Bayside (shannonville) and Free Flow near Tyendinaga. Both Bayside and Tyendinaga and Bayside have a small trail network. Happy to chat more. Shoot me a message....If you are ever free for mid week rides....happy to link up for Limerick rips and hoping to do some Calabogie rides more next year.

cpickeri

Hey guys,

I would be willing to meet up for a mid-week ride this spring/summer to do some rides in Calabogie/Limerick/proximal stuff as well.
I've been in Kingston for a year. I just rebuilt the top end of my 250 xc-w and am looking to get kms in and meet some local riders.

Let me know whose interested.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Folks,
I live in Ottawa but keep my bike near Kingston. I do regular runs to Limerick and Calabogie for those who are interested.

I'll post rides on the board.

As for local riding areas. Make friends with some of the local farmers. There a lot of farm service roads and hunting trails out there ;)

Cheers,
David