Seasonal Limerick Closure (IMPORTANT)

ktmkevin

Just got an e-mail from Limerick forest manager Geoff McVey that signs went up today closing the trails for motorized use until further notice. Don't panic; this is just the normal spring closure to let the frost come out and the forest dry up a little. PLEASE RESPECT THIS CLOSURE. I know everyone is itching to get going but it is definitely in our best interests to obey the rules. This closure usually lasts 2-3 weeks but is very weather dependant. Watch this space for updates. I will stay on top of the situation and advise when the forest opens. Could someone please relay this post to OFTR and ODSC?

Bamster

Thanks for the heads up Kevin and I hope everyone holds off till the forest opens. We wouldn't want to lose Limerick.
Keep us posted.

garry499

Who else has dusted off the bike or bikes, and started 'er up just to smell the premix? ( I feel your pain you 4 stroke guys, I guess you couldnt get it started? Ha ha... )

We'll be getting muddy in no time!

ktmkevin

Update: talked to Forest Manager Geoff Mcvey last night and he indicated Limerick WOULD NOT open for this weekend. He is looking for some nice weather to dry things out a little more. Stay tuned.

ktmkevin

Got a note today informing that Limerick is now opened for motorized use. Please remember: be respectful of other forest users, don't be an idiot where Joe and Jane Public can see your antics and KEEP IT QUIET.