Sat Calabogie?

dilusion

I may join Saturday if we don't start too early in the morning.

What level of riding are you planning? It will be my first ride this year. Don't want to do anything too crazy.

JPultz

What time were you thinking delusion? Im open to whatever trails. We could start with the Wabun mountain loop and see how we feel after that.

dilusion

I could probably be there by 10...

I'd probably want to start on some orange trails.. maybe do a couple of pinks...
I generally avoid the whites.

tenny80

dilusion":3765yqao said:
I could probably be there by 10...

I'd probably want to start on some orange trails.. maybe do a couple of pinks...
I generally avoid the whites.

Could you fill me in on the trail colors? also what is "the pit"

skidoorules

Rough idea of colour choice

Green=level 2 or less. Beginner, flat four wheeler trails
Orange= level 3. Beginner/ Intermediate usually fairly simple single track or some more advanced four wheeler trails
Pink = level 4 intermediate. All single track, some reasonable hill climbs, some rocks
White= level 5 advanced single track, good hill climbs usually with rocks or fairly steep, roots, logs, mud, rock gardens tight trees and sometimes a 200' 20" wide balance beam thrown in for fun 2' in the air across a 2' deep swamp.

Generally the North side is level 3 or higher.

The "pit" as its affectionally known is the North side staging area. It located about 5km or so north of the calabogie ski hill. Drive past the ski hill and its on your left. It's behind some trees so it's possible to miss it if your not watching but it's not entirely impossible to find either. It's not to far past the Eagles view (think its called that) hiking trail which is also on your left. There are road signs for the hiking trail.

pat74

skidoorules":1m2iwwhc said:
Orange= level 3. Beginner/ Intermediate usually fairly simple single track or some more advanced four wheeler trails
Pink = level 4 intermediate. All single track, some reasonable hill climbs, some rocks
White= level 5 advanced single track, good hill climbs usually with rocks or fairly steep, roots, logs, mud, rock gardens tight trees and sometimes a 200' 20" wide balance beam thrown in for fun 2' in the air across a 2' deep swamp.

And we have one of a kind Double White, on the south side, a 7 for sure "Deliverance" trail.

JPultz

dilusion":3mwn1u3u said:
Sorry guys. I've been called into work for the weekend.
Hopefully ride with you next time.
Looks like it might be a wet one anyways. I probably won't go either.

skidoorules

pat74":7u3umep1 said:
skidoorules":7u3umep1 said:

And we have one of a kind Double White, on the south side, a 7 for sure "Deliverance" trail.

Ohhhh!!! That's new. sounds like fun. I'll have to be shown the trail at some point. When was this trail commissioned? What are the high(or low in some peoples opinion) points of this trail?

pat74

Our dear friend Blake build it and rode it the day of.
It's one nasty trail with crazy climb, went there with the jonker's and Bkake on december 24th nobody made it up the hills in one shot, got a video of it.

JPultz

pat74":1eutg4qy said:
Our dear friend Blake build it and rode it the day of.
It's one nasty trail with crazy climb, went there with the jonker's and Bkake on december 24th nobody made it up the hills in one shot, got a video of it.
Has anyone been riding Deliverance this year?

Eric

sorry, just noticed this below older dates. Just posted for Saturday north side 9 am for whomever is interested. Come on Dan, join us.