PREMIUM FUEL and CARB BOWLS

tjcool

Hey

is there any advantage or reason to run premium fuel on a 2017 Beta 250 RR 2 stroke as opposed to regular unleaded fuel? The book/manual states unleaded only. It's not specific about grade or octane level...just unleaded..

thanks

tj

rossw

Administrator
Staff member
I use premium, and ensure it does not contain any ethanol. Not sure which stations do or don't but it usually says on the pump. The Drummonds near me has ethanol free premium.

In fact, I used premium in all my small engines. The only engine which gets regular is my car ;-)

tjcool

rossw":2ehvx6xk said:
I use premium, and ensure it does not contain any ethanol. Not sure which stations do or don't but it usually says on the pump. The Drummonds near me has ethanol free premium.

In fact, I used premium in all my small engines. The only engine which gets regular is my car ;-)

interesting..i shall give it a try and another question do any of you riders drain the fuel bowl after riding? I read that if one doesn't do this, it could clog up the jet(s)/

zedro

You don't need to drain the bowl unless you're storing the bike for awhile (I just run it dry), in which case you might have a hard start. Like Ross said, if you stay away from ethanol you'll be fine, and I would run premium.

There are lots of places in the world that have real nasty fuel, that's where you want to drain.