New to hare scrambles

JPultz

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone can help me out with some info on racing hare scrambles. I'm 25 and I have been riding for 16 years and racing MX for the last 7 years but now I want to race hare scrambles. Can anyone tell me where there are some good races? What I need as far as liscences or memberships? What I need for numbers and backrounds? thanks for the help JPultz.
P.S. Last year I built my own hare scramble course. It is about 3 to 4 km long with lots of tight single track, up and down hills, and some wide open straights. It's quite challenging and great to practice on. If anyone wants to check it out this year let me know.

105 rider

The BMA hold 2 harescrambles a year at Woody's Cycles. The 2 hour is in the spring, and the 4 hour team event is in the fall. If you want to do more then that ,the FMSQ in Quebec has a series that you can race and there is also a series in Ontario.
If you keep an eye on this website, it will keep you informed of any BMA races and events that are coming up.
The club also puts on some really good rides that you may be interested in.
As far as licensing goes, for the Woodys races you do not need any licenses, but being a CMA member helps the club. For the club events it is highly recommended that you are at least green plated , with off-road insurance.
For the Ontario series, I believe you have to have a CMA membership.
For the Quebec series, you can buy their license or you can get a 1 day pass. You can check out the FMSQ website for the dates of their races.
As far as numbers and backgrounds go, for Woodys it does not matter, because you are assigned numbers and bar codes. For the FMSQ, it would depend on what class you are in and if you get just the day pass, or if you get a season license. Each class has a different background and number colour scheme, for the season, day pass it is the same as at Woody's, you get a number written on a piece of sticky paper and a bar code.
Not sure about the Ontario series.
Hope this is of some help to you and happy racing. Hope to see you at Woodys