New Guy

KevinV

Hello!

My wife and I picked up some 250cc DS bikes earlier this summer, and recently joined OFTR / BMA (though I have been lurking for a little while). We are both new to off-road riding and spent an afternoon with Andy (Tykes on Bikes) to get a proper baseline for off-road technique. Fortunately, we each have a few years of street riding experience which streamlined the learning process (a little, anyway).

Being new to BMA and to this side of riding as a whole, please excuse the following newb questions:

1. Apart from the BMA sponsored events, are there any regular club meet-ups or rides?
2. Is this forum & website the sole BMA means of communication?
3. Anyone thought about doing a BMA Facebook page? Any objections to me starting one on the club's behalf? (Publicity is GOOD!)
4. Any suggestions on where to get a 2 / 3 bike trailer? (Yes, I have a DS, but it REALLY wouldn't be comfortable riding to Calabogie!!)

As an aside, the BMA newsletter is a fantastic piece of work! I look forward to reading these and eagerly await the next one!

I look forward to meeting my fellow BMAers, and hopefully hitting the trails with you in the near future!

Cheers,
Kevin

weekender

Hey Kevin,

Welcome to the club.

I'll answer your questions to the best of my knowledge:

1. There are the annual spring and fall club rides every year for just club members. There is also the annual Calabogie boogie which is hosted by the BMA. AFAIK, these are the only 'regular' club rides. However, there are many unofficial rides planned via this forum.

2. This forum is the main means of communication. Though, there is also a mailing list of fairly active members (those that put in their 4 hours [or more] of volunteer work every year, etc)

3. I haven't heard of anyone planning this, but it sounds like a good idea to me.

4. I'm willing to part with my 3 bike trailer. It is an awesome 3-rail trailer purpose built by Northtrail trailers (http://www.northtrailtrailers.com/MotorcyleTrailer.html). I purchased an enclosed trailer this spring and haven't used the open trailer since then, so I guess it is time to sell it. PM me if you are interested in more details.

Let me know if you need an introduction to Calabogie. I'm available most weekdays.

Trevor.

KevinV

Thanks Trevor!

I started up the FB page (as per my other Forum Msg). Hopefully it will be another avenue to generate interest for the club.

I'm looking forward riding Calabogie and some of the other trails in the area. I'll definitely send you a message when I'm headed out that way - tour guide would be most useful!

I'm PM you separately on the trailer...

Cheers!