Looking for someone to lead a ride or two - Calabogie?

betaman

I am 1st time rider in Calabogie Boogie this year. I am looking for someone that would be willing to lead a practice ride once or twice. Not looking to do the entire tract as some trails are on private property and authorization has only been given for the organized ride. However, I would like to have a better understanding and conditioning for the trails and help me to prepare for the ride day. I would be riding the orange trails, my skill is advanced novice according to BMA assessment. I start my holidays tomorrow so I can be available any day over the next two weeks. I am also very willing to join a group ride that would be doing the similar trails that i should expect on the Boogie.

Thanks
Neal Reevie
613 302 9053

Tat

I would be also interested in this ride. I've never been on Calabogie trails either. I was invited a couple of times by some of the members, but I was concerned about holding the advanced group back so I bailed. I am now comfortable with all Limerick tracks, so it's time to move on. I also signed up for the Boogie. However, I can't get the map of the trails, don't even know where to start. I only rode the area on my SxS. Calabogie is probably way above my skills level, but that's how I've been improving so far, by pushing it.

Neal, Maybe if the advanced riders going there, and can at least show the area, we could stick together and go at our slow pace from there so that we don't hold them back.

rossw

Administrator
Staff member
On Facebook there is an active Calabogie South Side group which if you post in I am sure you will find someone.

Rooster

If anyone is interested I just started offering a Calabogie 101 Coaching / guided ride service on Calabogie's Southside. My goal is help riders who primarily ride in southern ontario on limerick style trails who would like to have smooth transition into Calabogie's more advanced terrain.

Ride with Rooster :)(y)
613-325-1975

smokin

I will be publishing rides for the south-side (possibly north-side as well).

Probably won't be starting until May.

My rides are usually intermediate/advanced level. They are usually around 80km-100km and start from the Highlands Golf Club (HGC) parking area between 9:30 and 10:00.

I will try to cross post to the Facebook page this year as well.

If two many show up the group will be split as 10-12 riders is about max for a ride.