Limerick Spring Closure 2011

ktmkevin

Just received a note from Limerick Forest Manager Geoff McVey that the Forest is now closed to motorized use for the spring thaw period. This is standard procedure to let the frost come out and let the soil dry up some. Please observe and obey this closure; those who don't not only give us a bad reputation but risk a trespassing charge if caught. The length of the closure is very much weather dependent so keep an eye on this thread for updates. I know everyone wants to get going once the nice weather hits none of us are above the rules.

Tim Taylor

I contacted the forest manager, and the trails are still closed. He anticipates that they will be open for the long weekend.

panton

Plan to visit Ottawa this long weekend. If limerick forest remains closed are there alternative riding spots within 45 mins of Ottawa? Much appreciated.

ktmkevin

Just got off the phone with the Forest Manager and it sounds highly unlikely that Limerick will be opened for the holiday weekend. All this rain is obviously not allowing the forest to dry out sufficiently.

panton

Assuming callabogie is a town. Are there signs indicating where the trail head starts? Much appreciated

Tim Taylor

I have only been there a handful of times, but I have always parked at the Highlands Golf course, and ridden from there. Others can chime in.

ktmkevin

Just received word (thanks Larry) that MOST Limerick trails are now opened. But, due to the wet spring, SOME TRAILS REMAIN CLOSED. Signs will be posted so PLEASE OBEY THE SIGNS AND STAY OFF THE CLOSED TRAILS until further notice. And please ride responsibly; there seems to be enough idiots in there already.

Lansdowne2

I visited Limerick for the first time when the trails opened in May. I am impressed with the trails for sure. We saw no closed signs anywhere but did turn around once when we came upon a flooded section. I will be going there again without a doubt. Nice facility!

Lansdowne2

Went for an evening ride at Limerick last night. Came across one closed trail which was well posted and taped off. Great evening.