Limerick Spring Closure 2010

ktmkevin

I have been advised by Limerick Forest Manager Geoff McVey that the Forest will be closed to motorized users tomorrow (March 12) until further notice. This is an annual event with the intent of letting the frost come out and the trails dry up some to prevent excessive rutting. I know all this nice weather is making everyone itchy to get going (including me) but PLEASE RESPECT THIS CLOSURE. We most certainly don't need a black mark against us like that "other" motorized user group that likes to go wallowing in the spring mud and make a real mess. And, as an added bonus, you will be charged with trespassing if caught during the closure. The reopening date is very much weather dependent and up to the discretion of the Forest Manager but, generally, think in terms of early to mid May. Stay tuned for updates.

ktmkevin

Many of you have probably already seen the note from OFTR indicating that Limerick Forest is now opened for business but I also received a note from Forest Manager Geoff McVey that the Forest will open on the weekend. Hmmm....slightly conflicting information. Therefore I would be inclined to consider Saturday "Opening Day". Enjoy the unusually early opening and, please, RIDE RESPONSIBLY when in the public eye (ie. the parking areas ad Forsythe Rd.).

tripod

WooHoo! Limerick opens tomorrow. The start of another biking season! No doubt we will bump into you guys out there at some point. Looking forward to it... :D