Limerick (Hunting???)

AL.D

When should we stay out of Limerick for the Hunters or does it matter?

I plan on going this sat oct 11.

Al.D

ktmkevin

The primary gun season for whitetail runs from Nov. 3 to Nov. 16 (inclusive) in all of Eastern Ontario. It would be a truly good idea to stay out of the bush for this; and, perhaps, Nov. 1-2 also as many hunters will be preparing stands etc. The archery season opens either Oct. 1 or Oct. 15 depending on the zone; obviously we can't avoid this one. Also, all of Eastern Ontario has a primitive arms (muzzleloader) season which, I think, is Dec. 1-6. Muzzleloaders are becoming increasingly popular so this might be another good week to stock up "ride points" with the significant other.

ktmkevin

There still seems be some confusion on this subject (I'm getting e-mails) so I shall try to clarify. Archery season in Eastern Ontario runs from October to the end of the year so we can't be expected to avoid this one. The BIG ONE is the gun season from Nov 3 to Nov. 16. None of our riding areas officially close for this but we encourage everyone to stay out of the bush as a courtesy and safety measure. So, I would be quite comfortable riding from now until Oct. 31 keeping in mind that hunters would appreciate our absence on Nov. 1 and 2 also. Then feel free to start up again on Nov 17. Hope this makes matters clear. I will investigate the primitive arms season in Dec. and post again.