Larose trails open May 14

Jackrabbit

I tried them for the first time on Sunday, after missing the Limerick intro ride on Saturday due to family obligations. Was very hot, but hey, I've ridden Greece and Albania in summer (although I never had a blackfly inside my helmet in Albania), so I know that with water you can pretty much ride anything. It was a lot tighter and more technical than I expected; I got an XT225 last year after virtually no dirt riding for 35 years and like a slow, interesting trail; this was a bit tight, way more tree roots than I would like and the ruts are often deeper than my seat height. That said, I managed to do a circuit of both sides of the road, slowly and with some effort. I can see where rain would make them impassable on my little bike, at least with my limited skill-set.

Some better directional signage would help; I was about half-way round one side before encountering a pair of arrows telling me I was going opposite to what is expected. Is there a default, ie., clockwise or counter-clockwise?

Followed an ATV down a rutted, sandy road with some nice terrain. Anyone know the historical reasons for there being so much ATV only trail? I wonder if we should be trying to get more of them made into dual-use, at least for blue plated bikes that won't be as likely to dig the four-foot ruts.