Larose Forest Clean-up July 23 & 26

dschultz

Administrator
Hi:
If you have some time to assist, we are still working on clearing the logging mess up. And with the recent wind storms there's some wind fall on the existing trail to be removed.

Saturday 23 July
- 10 am start

Tuesday 26 July
- 6 pm start

We'll meet at the trail head. 'B' on this map http://tinyurl.com/4z3jcy

People should bring a basic hand tool that they are comfortable with (machete, hatchet), gloves a hat and bug spray, lots of water and a snack or lunch. If anyone has a brush trimmer that could also be handy. The objective is to get the basic loop reconnected.

DRZrider

I'll be there july 23rd but only for 2-3 hours and I'll also try to be there the 26th.

See you there.

DRZRider

DRZrider

I tried finding the place thinking I'd just look for a parked vehicule on the side of the road but I was unsuccessfull obviously, therefore for tuesday can we meet at the picnic area where the big map is posted just before the forrestry office?

Thanks

dschultz

Administrator
If you were at the forestry office then you were only 1km for us. The map is pretty clear, "B" marks the spot.
From the forestry office just head south down the "closed" road, that's where we park.

We made good progress today. All the train through the logged section is now clear and ride-able. And the bonus it that we add some more trial there too!!!
We now have a loop that can be ridden for anyone that wishes to come out and enjoy what we've done in Larose.

Tuesday we should be able to clear the dead fall from the trail that parallels the road north to south then east. After that we are back to were we started last year.

Dale

DRZrider

Ok I'll try it again on tueday, glad to see you guys made lots of progress, I wouldn't have been able to help much anyway since I was only able to be there for 1 hour but on tuesday I can do 6pm till night fall so if you see a black honda civic or brown chevy venture driving slow wave me down that'll be me. :)

How many guys were you?

Cheers,
DRZrider