Large DS/Adventure bikes?

dialdn

Anyone in the BMA ride larger DS/Adventure bikes? I am thinking a GS/V-Strom. I am looking to explore some dirt routes and roads this year and I know the majority of the bikes in here will leave a large bike in the dust when the going gets tough.

D

Terry

Staff member
There are a few twins here, hopefully more will join up this year. Those of us on 650s sure think we have large bikes when we get in too deep in the woods :eek:

EmmBeeDee

dialdn":39oyueg4 said:
Anyone in the BMA ride larger DS/Adventure bikes? I am thinking a GS/V-Strom. I am looking to explore some dirt routes and roads this year and I know the majority of the bikes in here will leave a large bike in the dust when the going gets tough.

D

You should have come along on the DS ride last weekend - we had two F800GSs, a V Strom, a F650GS Dakar single on street tires as well as a bunch of KLR, DR and smaller bikes. The 800GSs both had TKC80s on them but they weren't necessary on the roads and trails we went on.

We had a great time and not once did we feel like we were in over our heads. The DS routes were planned to be easy for bigger, street tire equipped bikes.

SANY0324.JPG
SANY0323.JPG
SANY0319.JPG