Lanark county rail trail

skidoorules

1st question: are dirt bikes allowed on the multi use rail trail from Perth westerly
2nd question: if not has anybody from the oftr been lobying lanark county to allow use on the multi purpose trail they are creating from smiths falls to Mattawa? I know it's super boring but it makes good local family starter trails.

I went to the open house in Carleton place last night. The negativity was sickening. Oh how quickly they forget this was a motorized trail just six years ago. Only difference is THAT motorized vehicle couldn't stop and the trail just so happened to have two ateel rails down the centre of it. I reminded the lanark county CAO to include orv's and I included it on my comment sheet but the club should be loobying as well. I know there are a few key individuals centralized around Carleton place. COUGH dw??

stewDR650

Hoping more people get involved and make this a multi use trail.
I have been following this rail trail news this winter and I could not believe some of the
stuff being brought forth by some of the posters in the Ottawa area. Almonte comes to mind
in the anti motorized rail trail agenda. Sad when we all cannot get along for a great purpose.
I have a dual purpose bike and think this would be a perfect leisure trail two up for my Wife and I.