Iron Man Sprockets

JPultz

Hamburgler":1co8p6oa said:
I currently have an iron man rear,its only been on for a month or so tho .Supposedly they last super long.

I think I'll try one as well, they have a one year warranty. Paired with a quality o-ring chain it should last awhile.

bohomoto

You guys are being woo'ed by the shiny chromoly steel. I can buy 5 primary drive sprockets for the price of 1 iron man. In fact, I can replace my entire drive chain for less money than 1 iron man sprocket.

JPultz

bohomoto":3iu26vw1 said:
You guys are being woo'ed by the shiny chromoly steel. I can buy 5 primary drive sprockets for the price of 1 iron man. In fact, I can replace my entire drive chain for less money than 1 iron man sprocket.

Ironman - $134.95
Primary Drive - $49.95 alum - $29.95 steel

Blake you make it sound like I asked if a shinny blue anodized master cylinder cap would improve my stopping power!! lol :D

I've been doing a bunch of research on these sprockets and from what I've found they're the real deal. Guys are claiming 200+ hours on them. On the Dirt Tricks website there is a pic of a 2 year old rear that's been through 15 rear tires that still looks good. http://dirttricks.com/sprocket-warranty
Anyways, I'm not trying to sell these sprockets to anyone. I simply wondered if anyone had tried them in the conditions we ride.
Jon :D

bohomoto

Alright. I did it.

I usually change my complete drive chain (chain and sprockets) three times per season. (That may seem excessive to some of you but I ride excessively. Last year, I put almost 300 hours on my engine. Also, I usually replace my drive chain immediately before the Cord, just to be on the safe side.)

Three drive chains at $85 = $255

If the Iron Man sprockets last 200+ hours, as everyone claims, they won't cost me much more over the course of two seasons. I just bought a Ironman / Regina combo for $235. If I have to replace the whole thing at the end of June, I'm coming for you Jon!

Blake