Huntin season

davemack

Hey kevin , when does deer start up for the folk who get them the old fashion way (bow or gun, I use the 20th century method. The automobile 365 days a year living in the greenbelt)
Also can hunters hunt in provincial parks ( algonquin for instance)?

thanks
dave mackenzie

ktmkevin

Geez, how come I'm always the one that has to sort through the regulations? Anyway, here it goes.........PLEASE NOTE (as far as I can tell) THESE DATES APPLY TO ALL OUR RIDING AREAS. Deer gun season is Nov. 5-18 inclusive. There is also a muzzleloader season Dec. 3-8. Archery season runs Oct. 1-Dec. 31. SOME of our Calabogie riding area may also have a moose season Oct 15-20 but (again, as far as I can determine) we are largely unaffected.
So, as usual, please stay out of the bush Nov. 5-18. And it would be a real good idea to also refrain Nov. 3-4 when all the hunters are setting up camp. Yes, I know this can be painful but it really helps our standing among other forest users. The hunters only want two weeks out of the year so we should respect that.
Wish me luck; I'm looking forward to venison chops on the BBQ (best red meat on the planet!).

woody

I here that a 70 vintage chevy half ton is the best caliber for deer this year any color is fine but a camo unit is always in vogue as the projectile effect is far better and more accurate than any rifle on the market at present .You have to be careful ...some wildlife management units have 1 week rifle then iweek bow then the 3rd week is rifle again ...then muzzleloaders ...very confusing by the 2nd week of huntcamp i once had a half a week of muzzleloading in before someone clued me in ...worked out well i got a week and a half that year and no harm came to anyone or anything but i had a lovely holiday anyway...Woody