Hello to all!

SRioux

Just came across this forum and it seems to be a good place to find some DS ride buddies from the Ottawa/Gatineau area.

I've had my KLR650 since last Thursday and I've already put in 300 km. A lot of fun in perspective!

Any advice on breaking-in?

Looking forward to riding and discovering new road/trails in the area!

Terry

Staff member
Hey SRioux, Welcome the the BMA Dual Sport Forum
We have started to use the forum quite a bit this year to discuss all issues relating to Dual Sport rides.

I suggest you follow Kawasaki's recommended brake-in procedure. If you choose to push the bike hard as some people do, make sure to let it cool down frequently during your rides, also hold off on full synthetic oil until at least 1000km. Perhaps a KLR owner would care to comment?

If you would like to be included in the BMA Dual Sport List of personal contact information that we emailed to only those on the list, sign up with BMA (if you have not already done so) and then look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1175&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a for further instructions.

happy Trails,

SRioux

Thanks for the info.

I guess the next step is to join the club.

Is anyone here also a member of ODSC?

Steve

Terry

Staff member
Lots of BMA members frequent the ODSC forum but I don't know how many are actual members, I am. lets put our ODSC user names on the contact list as well, it can't hurt.

Tim Taylor

I am a member of the ODSC. The ODSC is a lot more active in South Western Ontario, but they do help out with events as far east as Madawaska. There do not appear to be many members east of Bowmanville. Great club though, I am riding with the president and some other members of the exec next week in West Virginia.