Green plate mounting

Carfreak77

I'm trying to figure out how to mount the green plates on my bikes in a way that looks good. I've got a WR450F and a WR250R. Any pics of how you've mounted yours would be appreciated. I've added a pic so you know what I've got to work with.

Attachments

• IMG_8712.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 6,145

Carfreak77

I was trying to avoid drilling through the plastic, especially on the WR250R that will eventually be blue plated.

ktmdirtbiker

Hi Carfreak,
How about going directly to blue plate??...
You don't need to get full insurance if you plan on doing 99% or more off-road...
I have a blue plated KTM350...
State Farm gives OFTR Members a very cheap rate without having to get any other items on policies ..
My bike costs me $92/year...
Tom in Brockville

stephlal

Braaaaap!
Staff member
You can replace the oem plastic visor once you convert to blue, its 30$ for a new one on my bike.

Carfreak77

That sounds like a good idea. Didn’t think they’d be that cheap. I’ll check the cost of mine first though.

zedro

I used to zip tie it to the front brake line. You can also do double sided adhesive tape or adhesive Velcro. You can gorilla tape it on, strap it on....no shortage of temporary solutions.

rackatttack

just remember if the bike has been registered for a green plate all ready it will be very difficult to blue plate it( safety check and all the other stuff) and remember green plates must be attached to the front of the vehicle not the rear.

Kyle

I have been ticketed before for having it attached to my front fork guard. The cop said it wasnt displayed high enough for him. Letter of the law in the Offroad Vehicles Act only stipulates it be mounted and visible on the front of the vehicle. I could have fought it, but then would habe had to take a day off and drive to court in oxford mills. Cost less just for me to pay it.