GPS Maps

SRioux

What are the bests maps to have for a Garmin GPS?

I just got a GPSmap 60Cx, I've got the basics down already. The base map is quite useless and not very precise!

I downloaded the Ibycus map set yesterday, looks nice on the PC. Can I put it on the GPS? I think I would need 3GB of space? Whats the maximum size micro SD card for the 60Cx?

I would also add the City Navigator for North America, anything better for road navigation?

EmmBeeDee

SRioux":28zteyri said:
What are the bests maps to have for a Garmin GPS?

I just got a GPSmap 60Cx, I've got the basics down already. The base map is quite useless and not very precise!

I downloaded the Ibycus map set yesterday, looks nice on the PC. Can I put it on the GPS? I think I would need 3GB of space? Whats the maximum size micro SD card for the 60Cx?

I would also add the City Navigator for North America, anything better for road navigation?

Ibycus can be loaded to the 60Cx but there's no need to load absolutely everything. It's not like you have to put the whole 3 gb on. Also, if you have multiple MicroSD cards, split it over a few of those - have one for Western Canada, for instance, in case you plan to go that way, and bring it along putting it in only when you need it.

I don't know if I'd get City Navigator, myself, for the 60. Probably you should look for an old copy of MetroGuide Canada v4 and/or Roads and Recreation. I have all of those and they are more useful that CN, imho. I also have Topo Canada V2 and it's got an amazing amount of road detail.

Garmin Topo V4 is on special at GPSCity for $99 right now, in case you're looking for that.
http://www.gpscity.ca/garmin-topographic-canada-dvd-with-basecamp.html

Topo Canada V4 has pretty much the same Topo data as V2, but V4 now includes DEM data which our new Garmin Oregons can display, so that's why we are upgrading.