FIRE AND THEFT INSURANCE

Aube

I just went through this with my new TX. StateFarm was by far the best deal with full coverage.

Marty

tjcool

Aube":1l9vlbqa said:
I just went through this with my new TX. StateFarm was by far the best deal with full coverage.

Marty

thanks Marty

I just got screwed by scotiabank insurance..cancelled my policy and they say I owe them $217....WTF?..i said...will call statefarm now..

will let you know outcome..

tj - mad!

Marilius

My buddy and i went with Dalton Timmis. when we called StateFarm they would't give us Fire and theft on our bikes only liability.

tjcool

Marilius":2bvhoq7j said:
My buddy and i went with Dalton Timmis. when we called StateFarm they would't give us Fire and theft on our bikes only liability.

will call them too!

Aube

I had also called them. Their price was 3x state farm, I checked the policy and it does include F&T. Several companies wouldn't even consider it, said they were to light and easy to steal.

tjcool

Aube":3tt0ok3g said:
I had also called them. Their price was 3x state farm, I checked the policy and it does include F&T. Several companies wouldn't even consider it, said they were to light and easy to steal.

Dalton and T wouldn't do it unless I moved house and cars to them..b$#%^&ds!

tjcool

Aube":1pwj6zkw said:

so, like what do the rest of the dirt bike community do for fire and theft insurance?....or do they just not bother about insurance?

I'm insured thru state farm. Check the link below from our sponsors page. When I checked with state farm initially they told me they don't insure dirt bikes. After some persuasion for him to learn his products he got it sorted out. Would have been easier if I had just contacted Nicole to start with (if I had known).

And get insurance. It's a $5,000 fine for riding without insurance on a dirt bike, just like a car. And it would probably jack up your car rates if you were fined for "driving" without insurance.

http://nicolemccann.ca/

Edit: Although with all that said. I do recall a few people who've owned Beta's saying they had a harder time getting insurance (more than any other brand).

ktmdirtbiker

Hi,
As others have mentioned...TD Insurance and Johnson Insurance either don't want to insure our bikes or with extremely many $$$.

As was mentioned...go to State Farm!...initially in Kingston, the agents didn't know about the special policy...each agency can only write about .001% of their entire policy pool with these special rates for OFTR.

With some prodding (giving them the OFTR Link for State Farm)..my Kingston Agent called S.F. Head Office & found out about this special policy.
I have no other insurance with them...
I've been with them now for 10 years...the rates have held steady at about $100/year.

For my 2016 KTM 350 Dual Sport..I only have Liability and some other things that come along with that special policy....It costs me $92/Year!...
AND I have my pink slip!

If you need a State Farm agent that GETS IT for dirt bikes..let me know..they will take OFTR business over the phone.

I hope this helps.
Tom in Brockville

tjcool

state farm they say was bought out by Desjardins and therefore, technically SF does not exist in Canada anymore....all I could get was liability.....enough to ride anyway..

Aube

tjcool":1gtoi2j8 said:
state farm they say was bought out by Desjardins and therefore, technically SF does not exist in Canada anymore....all I could get was liability.....enough to ride anyway..

Not sure who you dealt with but mine was insured just last week. I have full coverage and it's S-F, I believe it is underwritten by a new company.

Ken McCafferty is the office that i have been dealing with for several years.

tjcool

Aube":36g6yz5a said:
tjcool":36g6yz5a said:

Not sure who you dealt with but mine was insured just last week. I have full coverage and it's S-F, I believe it is underwritten by a new company.

Ken McCafferty is the office that i have been dealing with for several years.

apparently you may have been grandfathered in if you had a policy with them prior to the buy out or a policy you had for a number of years..called mcafferty's office....they confirmed what I said earlier..unless someone's telling me porkies..

manotickmike

My SF agent (local...) offered me F+T this year. After 3 years of liability coverage. It was too cheap not to buy it.
We have 3 ORVs with them.
Last year, they "won" my snowmobile coverage (It's a "high risk" sled :roll: ) and my RV. Beat the company I've been with for almost 20 years.
They're still not competitive on my F-1fitty DD/tow vehicle.