Expert level ride, Thursday AUG 14 and/or Friday Aug 15

bohomoto

Planning to ride for as long as I possibly can (perhaps even more than one gas tank) on either Thursday and Friday next week, (or perhaps both days).

I'm not the fastest rider in the world but I love the really difficult trails. Wonderland, Transec, Oriole and Garnsey are favorites, and Quinns, Esspresso, Fanny Hill (in reverse), Blackbear, Wrack Attack, The Crag, Ruths and New Trails are my go-to on the South side. I don't like riding at break-neck speeds on double-track trails and access roads. That kinda thing is scary to me.

If you feel like a long but slower paced ride on the these challenging routes, please join me. Riding alone sucks.

If you haven't tried these trails but want to, let me know. I don't mind introducing intermediate riders to more challenging terrain, even if it doesn't go totally peachy the first time through. We have all had are butts kicked by the Wonderland, many times.

We can set up meeting time and place closer to the date. I'm flexible. I'm also willing to car-pool from Ottawa. I have room for another bike on my trailer.

pat74

I think I could try to have the Friday off, I don`t think I could do Thursday.
Do you want to do North and south or one or the other?
Someone was telling me they did everything in the North one way, and then did it again the other way the same day, I think that took all day.

bohomoto

Kevin, Patrick,

You guys are heroes. If I could have riding buddies on both Thursday and Friday, I will be super stoked!

Come on dudes! Lets make this happen!

Blake

pat74

bohomoto":kxqtr2wn said:
Kevin, Patrick,

You guys are heroes. If I could have riding buddies on both Thursday and Friday, I will be super stoked!

Come on dudes! Lets make this happen!

Blake

You will ride both days, man that will be very hard, I will try to have both days off then...

bohomoto

Hi dilusion,

You are welcome to join us on Friday if you would like to try some of the expert trails.

You said that you are more of an intermediate-level rider. That is totally ok, I'm happy to bring intermediate level riders that want to try expert-level trails on this ride.

My only concern would be that you have an appropriate bike. A larger dual sport machine might be challenging on some of these trails because there are some technical single-track sections. A KLR or something like that wouldn't work.

bohomoto

Let's meet at the Blue Onion at 9am. We can decide on routes there. If we do the north side, we'll probably try riding everything in both directions. I have done it once at it took me 4 hours.

I don;t know the south side as well but I know there are section of the Quinns that are more challenging than the usual route. I would also love to try riding up both Fanny and L&A. But I would also love to get over the the area near the Damn to try Crag.

If any one wants to car pool, let me know.

I suggest we meet at the Loblaw Parking Lot on Terry Fox Dr. at 7:30am https://goo.gl/maps/Y3DzM

I'm sure it will be find to leave a few cars there for the day.

Blake

pat74

You need to also be fit to a certain extend. If you want to test your fitness to ride those trail, you can try this:

#1 Put your bike on the ground side ways
#2 Lift it up.
#3 Push it for 5 feet uphill, at the fastest pace you can. (If you don't have a hill do it on Grass or Sand or Dirt in your backyard)
#4 Put it on the side again in the hill.
#5 Lift it up again.
#6 Sit on it, let yourself go down the hill.
#7 Repeat #1
If you can do that 10 times and you still have stamina to do more, then your physically fit for the ride. In those trail believe me you will get stock in mud, stock in Hills, and help other pull there bike out of situation.

pat74

bohomoto":2slfb3nl said:
Let's meet at the Blue Onion at 9am. We can decide on routes there. If we do the north side, we'll probably try riding everything in both directions. I have done it once at it took me 4 hours.

I don;t know the south side as well but I know there are section of the Quinns that are more challenging than the usual route. I would also love to try riding up both Fanny and L&A. But I would also love to get over the the area near the Damn to try Crag.

If any one wants to car pool, let me know.

I suggest we meet at the Loblaw Parking Lot on Terry Fox Dr. at 7:30am https://goo.gl/maps/Y3DzM

I'm sure it will be find to leave a few cars there for the day.

Blake

We will meet at that place for both days?

pat74

KevinAnderson":wjjguos0 said:
Meet up at Blue Onion at 9 sounds good.

I'll be there Thursday.

Could you post a google link of the Blue Onion location, never been there.

bohomoto

Hi dilusion,

Yes, you are right, The Blue Onion was formerly Mumford's. Same plan. We will meet there at 9am on Friday morning. See you then/there.

Patrick and I are riding both Thursday and Friday, so we'll do the North Side on Thursday and you can ride the south side with us on Friday. The south side has its fair share of difficult sections but they are more spread out than they are on the north side, which will give us a chance to catch our breath between them.

See you Friday!

Blake

Thanatos

Shitty I missed this ride... I was ready to ride but my ride buddy backed out because it was going to rain..
Oh well next time.

Later
Claude