Evening or night driving in Calabogie

scott1

Hello,

This might be an interesting topic....

Has anyone driven in the late evening or into the night on the trail network at Calabogie?
I would imagine the trails would be ultra dark around 8:30pm this time of year. I'm just asking if anyone has done this before :)

I know this might be something "not" to discuss with my insurance agent or "not at all safe" to do however I don't know when people would call it a day on the trail with the ultra bright lights available for motorcycles and ATVs these days.

I would think it could be an interesting ride down the K&P trail in the early evening but then again.... (Deer country) :|

msnider

with a piaa plasma headlight bulb its not too bad on the easy trails you just need keep it quiet near the cottages at later or earlier riding hours.

EmmBeeDee

scott1":1hp861gj said:
I would think it could be an interesting ride down the K&P trail in the early evening but then again.... (Deer country) :|

It wasn't after dark, but last year when Stephanie and I did part of the K & P, we saw a Moose. And the other hazard you might want to keep in mind is that there are kids on quads racing through there. In early May when my son and I went on it, we were passed by about 10 of them going faster than I'd want to.