Elderly Riders, not an oxymoron anymore

fmcd

Geezers unite!

Are there a few crusty old farts who continue to trail ride out the West/NorhtWest general directions or perhaps rumors of old folks so inclined who are possibly kindly disposed to hooking up on occasion for day rides on weekends this season? Always like to be home before nap time.

Remember, it's not the year it's , er...I fergit.

Calabogie area or up the Quebec side into the Dark Forest. Lots of places to go. Sometimes we get even lost in the back of the trailer--all part of being the fun guys! (I know, I know...)

Team tree-huggers

mike oreilly

There's a few clues in that message: Shawville, Ducati and the initials "fmcd". Pretty obvious.
Anyway, Fran, there's still some of us banging around in the woods - and don't let Woody take you in with the age thing either - he's got as much energy and is about as annoying as a young puppy, in the woods. He will have you in pain in no time.
At a recent meeting we talked about a couple of club rides this spring - one in May, and one in June. Both will have groups to accomodate all age and ability levels. Stay tuned.
BTW, there are Old Riders, and Bold Riders. No Old, Bold riders.
Mike

woody

I guess at 52 i could ask for entry into this not quite exclusive group of older gentler riders of class , edicate and style but....me scoots to fast ,and me right hands outta control.so mr mcd. onald and mr oreally i will have to have yous over for a short wednesday aft. ride and beer this summer so we can delve into the finer art of roosting yer buddies as the miles fly by see ya woody

fmcd

Gentlemen,

Been a while since last trading true lies with Mike O and I sure would enjoy an occasion to do so once more. A Wednesday exclusive to the very slow pace of careful old lads behaving themselves at Woody's is a perfect place to rekindle the spark.

Easy on the threats Woody, to some of us you're still a pup and a run in the woods on your famous "Slippery Slopes" trails sounds like a great way to lose yet more bike parts and maybe some knuckle-skin, too. Count me in, I'm lost already.

Any possible interest in a similar easy-does-it closed loop ride up here at the farm? I have approx. 6.5 Km of natural terrain semi maintained trails and would rate the technical difficulty at about moderate to easy. Kind of a glorified cow-trail type course, I guess. Lots of opportunities to fall off into the creek or bail on the slopes but no rock, sorry. Some trees though. DaveyS can give his rating as he rides here.

Let me know, we usually plonk around most Sundays.

Fran

daveysprocket

Yup she's a first class cow path and a riot to ride.As yes iv been in the creek and rubbed a bit of bark but she's all good.You done a great job setting it up Fran.

woody

Hey Fran id like to see the trails up your way this summer for sure ..have you talked to Cris about the pro 6 day ,,,date in Calabogie this june ...im bringing Kenny Robert...withme whos on your team ?Also Mike O has a fine ride for us at the clubs first trail ride this spring in the Bogie so legal that diesel crosser and lets ride in the big hills ...its way cool in that area ...Woody :D :D :D

fmcd

We had an opening run a few weeks back around the early part of May and I would appreciate any feedback possible--how about Woody--what improvements would make this a better trail ride considering that it's just a "round the farm" thing?

Next get-together plans will be made following this discussion.

Thanks all,

Fran

cdnwr250

Hey Fran; This is off topic for this forum, but regarding DOCC weekend at Calabogie; I assume you will be there friday p.m. , if it's not too much bother save some space for the gananoque contingent. thanks Sandy

fmcd

I'm checking in to see if there might be enough interest in an around-the-farm trail ride the weekend of 18 or 19 Aug.

If so, I'll start mowing and get out the machete'.

Fran