Do massive ruts ever get fixed? (limerick)

mart242

I was at Limerick (pit side) yesterday with my wife and kids and noticed some massive ruts in a few of the trails. We're all beginners and the ruts were deep / wide enough to hear frequent whining from the wife because it's too difficult, the path to avoid them has sharp turns and whatnot :roll: Do these ruts ever get fixed or heal naturally over time? Or should I remove these from my family friendly trails list for the foreseeable future?

mart242

manotickmike":165m4mz8 said:
Were there 2 ruts, running parallel to one another?

Lots of ATV or maybe jeep ruts in the 1105 or what seemed to be the 1105 but I'm not sure now since I ended up in the pit yet the 1105 doesn't reach the pit.. must have taken a wrong turn somewhere. The 1103 also had some serious ruts where bikes obviously got stuck in mud and dug themselves in..

jbreedon

We met with the forest manager this morning to prioritize and get the trail work underway. The BMA is funding the work and the forest technician will do the repairs to the ruts. We are working with them on the best materials and methods. You will notice some of the 911 roads being done today and next will come the single track.

Please keep in mind this is only for the repair of the ruts. The vast majority of the maintenance is done by volunteers in the club. Right now that list is pretty short. If you ride in Limerick, please help maintain Limerick. There are only 40 km of trails there. There are easily 40 people there on a weekend. That would only be 1 km per person if everyone contributed.

mart242

Ah so they do get repaired. It wasn't a request, I just wasn't sure what the process was of if they simply "healed" over winter. Yes, volunteering is part of my plan down the road, current focus is to get the wife and kids going and riding properly.. them you have many more volunteers :lol: