Cross country racing

skidoorules

Got the latest mail out from oftr about beginner classes in cc racing. Can anybody give me additional info what the dirt bike cc racing entails? Is it primarily wooded terrain similar to calabogie or is it more open terrain like snowmobile cc racing. I'm thinking I would like to try it out or at least go see a race!

Dutch

I went to my first CC race 2 years ago and been to few more since.

Metal handguards and newer rubber, if its muddy, is about all you need. The OO rules may list some requirements...

I did get an earful about the Decibels on my bike but the guy who sold it to me registered me, so that kinda shut that down. If you have a 450 mxer, you may want to get your pipe checked.

Ride the beginners class, let everyone go and pass everyone you can in your first race. After that you will be able to look at your times and positions, and other riders' bikes to figure it all out.

I find it the best way to spend a Sunday.

KTM300ANDY

I believe the min length of a cc is 6km. I am running the Albalea Acres hare scramble in Lansdowne, and our course is 8km right now. Mostly single track, and about a two km grass track to stretch you legs on. We will be running a couple different options for the afternoon class, to keep the beginners course a little less technical. We should have video up later today showing some more of our course. Until then take a look at the video I posted of Mike Jonker riding some of our trails, it's on the forum. Hope that helps.

KTM300ANDY

Bit of a computer problem, the video may not be up as soon as I thought. Will post it as soon as the computer starts working again.

skidoorules

What sort of safety gear do you need. Do you need to have a vest that has a certain percentage of blaze orange on it? I ride with chest protector, helmet, boots, gloves, jersey, pants...normal safety gear. Any special safety gear they require?