Call for Calabogie boogie D-S on-bike volunteers

Terry

Staff member
Hey BMA D-S riders,
Please consider volunteering for on-bike duties for this year's D-S Boogie September 8 & 9.

I'd like to offer this year’s participants the choice to follow tracks on their GPS or to follow a leader. To do this I'll need some riders to step forward to be those leaders. Leaders will set the pace & decide on options according to their rider’s comfort level.

Sweep riders are also needed and will work in pairs on aggressive loops or options.

To do this work I ask that volunteers all be:
1. Comfortable with GPS navigation including figuring out the quickest way back to the start location, the hospital or a gas station, (BTW, riders will be navigating "tracks" only this year.)
2. Capable of helping with simple mechanical service such as flat tire repair (Riders are expected to carry their own tools and spares as needed.)
3. Able to help with first aid or to borrow a phone from a nearby resident to call an ambulance (Cell service is nearly non existent.).
4. Strong riders but willing to ride below their ability for the benefit of the paying participants as needed. (leaders only)
5. Have a blue plated bike in good repair so as to not need to be rescued themselves
6. Able to stay on the designated GPS track (Don't ask. :oops: )

Sweepers and leaders riders will not pay Boogie entry fees.

If you are interested please let me know your availability and preferences:

- Saturday, Sunday

- Lead, Sweep

- Tech Options, Main Loop Only

Terry

Staff member
2013? That's some serious lag there Chris. I guess it's time to start thinking about this year's boogie.

Dwight

Hi folks. This is a test post on an old topic to see if the subscription feature works. Part of the crafty communication plan we are working on for DS riders in BMA. Dwight